Winton is a global investment management and data science company. Founded in 1997 by CEO David Harding, Winton’s business is grounded in the belief that the scientific method can be profitably applied to the field of investing. The firm aims to help savers and institutional clients meet their investing goals by building intelligent, long-term investment systems that evolve as markets change. We are currently seeking an intern to conduct research into various aspects of market history, from 18th century bond prices to the educational backgrounds of corporate executives in the 20th century.
The successful candidate will work with Winton’s historical research team to develop its historical database and in-house chartroom and will provide content for the website and various corporate publications.
- Building novel historical datasets and using them to illustrate and explain market history
- Conducting research using archival sources to unearth and contextualise forgotten market events, particularly those in non-Anglophone regions such as Japan, China and the Middle East
- Position open immediately and based in our London headquarters
- Flexible hours, part-time and full-time options available; internship could turn into a longer-term position for the right candidate
- A demonstrable interest in economic history and telling stories with data
- Experience in working with archival sources and conducting primary research
- Completed or working towards a degree in a relevant historical or social-scientific discipline
- Strong Excel skills essential; programming experience desirable
- A foreign language would be beneficial