IBD, Classic, Natural Resources / Power, Utilities & Infrastructure - Associate, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
Are you passionate about the financial services industry? We're looking for a professional to join our Industrials team who wants to be a part of our Investment Banking Division and use their skills and ideas to make an impact to the success of the business at Goldman Sachs. OUR IMPACT Team Description
Global Natural Resources (GNR) advises clients in the natural resources space, including the Energy, Power and Utilities, Infrastructure, Chemicals, Metals and Mining and Alternative Energy (Clean Tech and Renewables) sectors.
We work on some of the most complex transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. The group advises clients on various financial transactions including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, equity IPOs and follow-ons, debt financings, commodity hedging, joint ventures, restructurings and financial investments. These opportunities offer bankers a full suite of product and technical experience that will serve as a strong basis for an ongoing career at Goldman Sachs. HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Play an important role in developing and strengthening our client relationships as part of our coverage teams and in structuring and executing a full range of financial transactions.
- Work closely with Managing Directors, Vice Presidents, and other Associates and Analysts both within the team and with other product groups across the firm.
- Work across a diverse range of work streams and projects, including, but not limited to: developing financial models; performing customized company valuation analyses; managing and coordinating M&A and financing transactions; and organising and preparing client presentations which explain industry trends and / or assess client's situations to provide financial advice or recommend strategies to meet client goals.
- Take on a client facing role and are responsible for maintaining internal and external relationships. These responsibilities develop and utilize bankers' industry and corporate finance knowledge as well as their key analytical, communication, teamwork and leadership skills.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree, equivalent or above in Economics, Finance or a related discipline required
- Prior investment banking industry experience as a full time analyst or associate with strong expertise in natural resources or power, utilities and infrastructure sector required
- Experience of working in a client facing capacity required
- Experience of creating internal committee memos, pitch books, lender presentations, rating agency presentations, sales memos, memoranda, etc. as a part of executing transactions
- Experience of developing and presenting financial models
- Experience in analysing companies' financial statements, debt covenants, credit agreements, offering memorandums and other legal documents
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work with wide range of stakeholders required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity