IT PPM Lead
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- HSBC Bank plc
- 22 Apr 19
IT PPM Lead
Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) Lead
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, We are transforming technology in financial services, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to make our customers' banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) Lead. The Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) Lead is responsible for the governed portfolio of c.$800m, working directly with the CMB Chief Information Officer and their senior leadership team, the Business Chief Operating Officer, the Business Chief Finance Officer and leads a practice of c.400 people within the CMB PPM community, which includes members across the Global Business / Global Functions to achieve the defined business goals.
Key duties include:
- Responsibility for managing the overall portfolio progress and oversight, driving accurate status reporting, financial reporting, roadmap milestone tracking, facilitating portfolio hotspot issue resolution reviews with the CMB Technology Leadership Team and challenging for re-use of common capability across the portfolio and strategic alignment.
- Communicating effectively at all levels with a wide range of stakeholders, from Project Teams to Senior Executives across technology, the business, supply interlock partners and external Third Parties.
- Driving the annual planning cycle in partnership with the business, the SBO Quarterly Tollgate funding cycle linked to outcomes with CMB Business Finance, reviewing progress of quarterly committed key milestones and KPIs ensuring business and technology alignment.
- Accountability for leading the practice of CMB Technology Programme Leads and project teams to drive required governance standards are consistently met, best practices are shared and adopted to drive high performance to meet the goals of the Company, Commercial Banking and Global Technology.
- Driving BAU effective cost recovery reducing unrecovered billing such as timesheet non-compliance, people billing to training and other unauthorised billing to Run the Bank.
- Line management responsibility for a team c.10 people supporting service lines.
- Liaising and collaborating with Programme Leads to ensure that status reports, milestones, risks and issues are tracked and escalated to the CMB Portfolio Management Committee and reported accurately through EXCO / SBO / GCC boards
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience setting-up and Management of a PMO function and running an annual planning budget cycle.
- Proven track history of Technology Change
- Experience working in banking or financial institutions
- Professional qualification - PMP, PgMP, Prince2, PBA, CBAP or equivalent
- Experience of Dev-Ops, Agile methodology and agile tools (Jira, confluence)
- Proven record of effective management in a leadership role, including planning and decision making, identifying priorities and bringing a wide range of projects to successful completion
- Strong business understanding of Technology objectives and operating model as well as Group policies and standards
- Experience of managing resources in senior roles to achieve objectives using appropriate communication delegation and planning skills
- Ability to use strong judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems whilst maintaining budgets, time scales and quality of output
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.