Join a global Service and Incident Management team as an Incident and Problem Manager and play an instrumental role in timely response and restoration of service interruptions across all business applications and infrastructure services.
As an Incident and Problem Manager, you will work as a part of the global team to coordinate responses to ensure timely resolution for service and security incidents, coordinate and manage business disruptions, conduct problem and root cause sessions following high impacting incidents, plan and execute large scale technology resilience testing.
We need someone with excellent communication skills both written and verbal, coupled with the ability to assess situations and respond swiftly to find the best resolution with the least amount of business disruption. Partnering with others, both inside and outside of the organization, is also critical to your success. Key responsibilities include:
In addition, your skills/background will include:
- Own end-to-end management of production incidents and conduct problem root cause analysis sessions following incidents
- Contribute towards successful achievement on the measures of success for incident management and technology resilience
- Execute major resilience testing
- Report and representation of resilience in internal forums
- Manage, report and mitigation of incident and resilience risks
- Coordinate initiatives/changes to ensure adoption of improved incident and problem processes/solutions.
It's advantageous if you have the following:
- Proven skills managing the coordination of security incidents.
- Facilitate problem investigation to drive service improvement and to reduce incident recurrence.
- Conduct planned technology resilience tests and remediate resilience risks.
- ability to multi-task and prioritize amongst multiple ongoing issues.
- assertive and able to manage client expectations.
- positive working attitude with a sense of ownership and urgency.
- ability to work with regional teams in a global operating model.
- Experience working in an IT related Service Industry with working knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as, but not limited to, different OS and database platforms, cloud computing and virtualization, networking and collaboration technologies.
- Experience with technical change risk assessment
- Experience with a common tools such as: BMC Helix, xMatters, JIRA, PowerBI
- Experience in globally distributed IT organization strongly desired
If this sounds like you, and you're ready to take the next step in your career, please apply online now. About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.