Indices Product Specialist
The IHS Markit Index business provides industry leading indices to the sell side, buy side and ETF providers. Current indices span various asset classes including bonds, loans, credit, equity and structured products. IHS Markit is one of the largest providers of fixed income indices for ETFs internationally, with the largest and most widely traded corporate credit ETFs globally referencing our indices. Currently there is over $130 billion in ETF AUM referencing IHS Markit's iBoxx bond indices. In addition, over $5 trillion in OTC derivative notional is currently linked to IHS Markit's tradable indices such as CDX and iTraxx, with approximately $25 trillion of derivative notional traded in 2018. Position summary
The individual will form part of the Index Product Management team in London, reporting to the relevant product manager. The successful candidate will contribute to the execution of product strategies and product development, and will work closely with the business head and clients to maintain and develop the CDS Index business.
Responsibilities will include coordinating with clients and stakeholders to maintain, test and develop new CDS index series and custom indices. The individual will also be expected to demonstrate leadership and assist in product commercials and help coordinate with different stakeholders on product development priorities, scoping of enhancements and strategic requirements for operations and development projects. Duties & accountabilities
- Develop an excellent knowledge and understanding of IHS Markit's CDS and bond index methodologies and underlying data required to maintain and calculate the indices
- Understand how customers use the indices to exploit new index and product opportunities
- Coordinate and manage the delivery of new index products and enhancements of existing index products for clients
- Propose and champion product and business improvements
- Work closely with banks, asset managers and other market participants as part of the team that manages our CDS indices and bond benchmarks
- Review and define index rules, testing index ideas with clients and recommending index rule and convention changes
- Work in the team that manages the administration of the CDS indices, especially around the index roll, to continue to adapt the indices to market developments
- Ensure the CDS index business complies with all relevant regulatory commitments and requirements, including assisting in the running of the Index Advisory Committees
- Undergraduate degree from recognized university in Finance or Quantitative studies, such as math, engineering, finance or a science
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, preferably in Fixed Income / Credit
- Capability to develop in depth understanding of IHS Markit's index products and services
- Demonstrate interest in industry and regulatory developments
- Strong leadership skills
- The individual is expected to be a strong team player, with proven track-record of working with people
- Client relationship management skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and consistently meet tight deadlines
- Good presentation skills
- Able to take ownership and coordinate joint responsibilities
- Attention to detail
- Strong quantitative abilities
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.