Indirect Tax Reporting Manager
An exciting opportunity for a Manager with your experience in Indirect Tax Reporting has arisen in the Financial Management Group.
You will be part of the indirect tax team which advises and undertakes compliance and reporting for both our trading and non-trading businesses operating in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa region. This role will be based in our London office as a part of the Europe, Middle East and Africa Indirect Tax function and will report into a Senior Manager.
Your key responsibilities will include managing indirect tax projects to support the business, drive process improvements and efficiencies which will assist the indirect tax team more generally in their business-as-usual operations. Examples of projects include:
- implementing an automated process to apply reverse charge VAT on front office transfer pricing bookings
- review of VAT rules on our system that applies VAT on back-office transfer pricing
- non-UK VAT treatment review and entity recovery rate reviews
- automation & Standardization of non-UK VAT returns
- standardising the FX conversion and VAT reporting process
- making Tax Digital initiatives for automation.
You will be working closely with our Global Financial Services shared service function in India and our tax technology and transformation team in Sydney and London.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- a university degree, coupled with a formal accounting qualification (ACCA/CA)
- strong experience in a similar role, with demonstrated experience in indirect taxes
- strong project management experience
- commercially minded and pragmatic
- ability to interact effectively with different levels of staff across the Financial Management Group and businesses
- a high degree of accuracy, with a process improvement focus
- strong communication skills, with a strong team player mindset
- ambition with a high level of energy and commitment
- ability to work well under pressure.
If you are looking for a new challenge in the indirect tax space and possess the above skills and experience, apply online today. About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.