Information Security ManagerOverview
This is a second line role, responsible for information security controls assurance and monitoring key performance and risk indicators from the various technologies used across the Group. Additionally, the role will support the Head of Information Security in the creation and promotion of Information Security Policy and Security Awareness, working with key stakeholders across the business.
About the role
- We are looking for an Information Security Analyst to join our Group Risk and Compliance function, reporting into the Head of Information Security.
- Working with SME's across the Group, the role will help articulate and communicate Information Security and Risk themes, threats and technical controls and improvements to stakeholders.
- The Information Security Analyst will also support the Head of Information Security in the collation of Management Information and preparation of Committee and Board presentations.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Great people and customer service skills
- Around 2 years experience in a similar Security role but we will consider candidates with a higher or lower level if they can demonstrate the ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
- Degree/MSc in Information Security
- Experience working in a second line function
- Working experience with the NIST Cyber Security Framework
- Strong communication skills - written and spoken
And to really stand out from the crowd:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Must be curious and seek to learn and improve whilst instilling automated and digital solutions
- wherever appropriate
Our values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone to shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we're always learning, adapting and improving.
We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.