My client, a global provider of investment solutions, is looking for someone who has experience selling to European (Ex-UK) and Middle Eastern clients including banks, discretionary managers, financial advisers, family offices, multi-asset managers, fund platforms and other types of financial intermediaries.
My client, with assets under management in excess of US$ 350 billion offer investment funds and discretionary management services to a broad range of clients globally including pension funds, insurance companies, charities and wealth managers.
This role sits within the wealth management area and they are looking for someone to be based in london and work closely with the european country sales teams and other stakeholders across the business to develop sales opportunities.
- Drive growth in revenues, AUM and clients from the wealth management segment across Europe, UK, Asia and the Middle East
- Working in conjunction with and providing support to in-country Sales Leaders across markets to identify, target and close prospects
- Leading and coordinating strategic initiatives to drive growth in the segment
- Develop and maintain relationships with wealth managers to produce sustainable, profitable business growth
- Participate / Contribute to prospect pitches including responsibility for meeting follow ups
- Analyze industry, fund and competitor information to support the sales process and develop the wealth management proposition
- Working collaboratively within a dynamic existing team to execute the sales strategy
- Work with marketing to improve awareness of my clients investment solutions amongst all types of wealth managers and intermediaries
- Educate internal stakeholders on the developing needs of wealth managers and provide feedback on industry trends and market intelligence
- Writing white papers, short articles and other market materials that are relevant to the client segment.
- Identify topical issues relevant to Wealth Managers
- Developing or adapting existing intellectual capital to ensure relevance to the client segment
- Effective internal and external networking to generate and develop new leads
- Attend networking and industry events in the pursuit of new business development opportunities
- Any other ad-hoc projects/duties and business development focused activity as required.
- Comprehensive, proven segment experience at a consulting firm, large institutional investor or wealth manager
- Solid knowledge of the wealth management segment and an understanding of their investment requirements
- Demonstrable success in contributing effectively to the investment sales process,
- Degree educated and further industry qualifications (IMC, CFA, etc.) would be advantageous
- An understanding of consultative selling
- Exposure to developing strategic and innovative lead generation programs
- Strong written communicator: capable of writing clear, concise and logically argued reports in a timely manner, sometimes to tight deadlines
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- The ability to build solid working relationships and to collaborate effectively with stakeholders across the business