Internal Audit - Banking/Executive Management Business Auditor - Associate - London
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
We are looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes and learn more about Investment Banking and Asset Management.
The IA Banking team in London is responsible for auditing Investment Banking including Transaction Banking and the Global Investment Research business areas, its products, and supporting functions within the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region. The team is also responsible for the Internal Audit oversight of the regional offices in the EMEA region, including review and assessment of management information and risk assessment of regional offices and overseeing relationship management of the Heads of the Regional GS Offices.
Internal Audit's (IA) mission is to independently assess the firm's overall control environment, including the firm's governance processes, controls, risk management and capital and anti-financial crime frameworks. IA comprises global functional audit teams covering the various business areas of the firm: Global Markets, Investment Management & Banking, Corporate, Consumer and Commercial Banking and Technology.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, sales & trading, investment management and consumer banking services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and consumers. HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Collaborate and work as a team across IA Banking, IA and Goldman Sachs
- Review and risk assess regional offices, oversee IA coverage of regional offices and work with the Head of the IA Banking team in EMEA to develop and maintain a regional office coverage strategy
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of Investment Banking, Asset Management and Research, its products, and supporting functions
- Use and develop data analytics (DA)/computer assisted audit tools and techniques (CAATTs) to assist in execution of audits and risk assessment
- Assist in every step of an audit, including documentation, across scoping, planning, fieldwork and reporting
- Performing walkthroughs with stakeholders to perform control design assessments and presenting results of work performed to management
- Execute audit testing to ensure audit fieldwork is focused on the right areas and documentation meets high quality standards
- Identify risks, assess mitigating controls, and make recommendations on improving the control environment
- Prepare commercially effective audit conclusions and findings, and present to Internal Audit senior management and business stakeholders
- Follow-up on open audit issues and their resolution
- Participate in department-wide initiatives aimed at continually improving Internal Audit's processes and supporting infrastructure
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Approximately +4 years of prior experience in auditing controls. This could be in an IA team, or consulting, regulatory body or a related control function, with controls testing as part of your role, i.e. compliance testing group or a risk and control team.
- Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability and able to work under minimal supervision on individual tasks or on team projects
- Accurate, accountable and able to multitask while managing both time and work load
- Interest in developing your knowledge of Investment Banking and Asset Management as well as supervisory oversight controls across regions
- Highly motivated with strong analytical skills, willing and able to learn new business and system processes quickly
- Relevant certification or industry accreditation (e.g., ACA, CAMS, CIA, CFA) is a plus
- Graduate degree in a related subject, science and humanity degrees as well as more specific accountancy or economics degrees will be considered
- Fluency in French, Italian or Spanish would be helpful
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2022. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity