Internal Audit Manager (Maternity cover - 12 month FTC)
Job Description Overall purpose of the role:
To verify the bank's controls and to periodically check and assess by means of audit assignments the completeness of coverage, consistency and correct functioning of the risk control systems in place, as well as their compliance with professional rules, practices and standards in force. Main responsibilities of the role:
- To carry out a comprehensive assessment of systems and control of the London based Wholesale Banking activities of Natixis following a risk based approach. To interpret and apply UK, French and European banking regulations to risks incurred within the EMEA CIB platform.
- To execute allocated audits and report accordingly, to make recommendations for the improvement of controls and governance and, where possible, efficiency.
- To assess the management of risks by performing tests of mitigating control design effectiveness and to test the operational effectiveness and outcome of those controls.
- As part of a mutually supportive team to help and assist the team whilst also delivering own fieldwork and reporting.
- To produce high quality working papers, audit files, audit reports and reporting according to GI&A Head Office and EMEA Audit Group instructions and policies, on which reliance can be placed by Regulatory and other BPCE Group General Inspection bodies
- To assist in following up of recommendations. To maintain and establish regular business partnering throughout life time of open recommendation implementation.
- In addition to the above the role may be requested to carry out additional ad hoc and emergency assignments.
The role is based in London but the audit activities will be covering London, Dubai, Milan, Madrid, Frankfurt, Moscow and some representative offices across EMEA region. There is an opportunity to be asked to work in Paris on ad-hoc basis. Required Skills/Qualifications/Experience
• Strong skills and knowledge on corporate and investment banking activities including front to back process and risk management framework.
• Internal Audit working practice of designing testing and approving testing strategies, undertaking complicated testing and expert testing.
• Experience of geographically dispersed business line and control processes
• Has been involved in the full cycle of an audit assignment (From the planning stage to the conclusion) or taken the responsibility of coordinating/leading an audit from planning to reporting.
• Ability to assess controls with logic and clarity following a risk based methodology. Confirming understanding by walkthrough testing, questioning whether design of controls meets risks, and identifying risks for consideration.