International Control - Governance & Plans Consultant
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
The newly formed Wholesale Control (WC) organization sits within the Wholesale Banking group and supports the businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The team assesses and effectively manages risks and delivers an integrated view of risks, produces a sustainable control environment, and instills a culture of strong risk management. The WC interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to consistently drive comprehensive implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
The International Control team identifies, assesses, and mitigates risks across Financial Crimes, Regulatory, and Operational Risk types, ensuring alignment with the risk management framework and policies established by Independent Risk Management (IRM).
The purpose of the International Control team is to identify, assess and mitigate risks across Financial Crimes, Regulatory and Operational Risk types, coordinating with businesses operating internationally, while adhering to policies established by Independent Risk Management (IRM). The International Control Governance team member will establish and execute a strong Governance program to drive consistency, efficiency and quality within the region.
- Establishing strong Governance and escalation routines through the formation/administration of, participation in and contribution to various risk-level and business-level committees, in coordination with the International Control Governance team, Regional Chief Risk Officers, other Wholesale Control teams and the LOB businesses in the region.
- Designing front-line risk and control reporting, in coordination with the International Control Governance and Analytics, Reporting and Administration teams, across the region, ensuring consistent standards and aggregation of reports at the legal entity, country and region levels.
- Providing input into the design of and executing front line accountabilities against various Enterprise Risk Programs, for example: Enterprise Risk Identification and Assessment, Enterprise Measurement (Risk Appetite, KRIs), New Business Initiatives, etc.), in coordination with the International Control Governance team.
- Participating in the Strategic Planning process, in coordination with the International Control Governance team.
The successful candidate will work closely with other senior leaders across the International Control Governance and Programs team, IRM, Wholesale Control, International Control, Regional Control Leaders, PVSI, and WIM in the development and execution of company risk management strategies. Accordingly, critical success factors will include the ability to develop partnerships with many business and functional areas and identify trends which may present opportunities or reflect gaps in the Company's risk management execution/direction.
Leadership, integrity, and credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will be impressive in their inter-personal effectiveness and with regard to their accomplishments. This team leader must be capable of initiating action and managing change in a fast paced environment under regulatory scrutiny and heightened expectations. It requires a leader with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Understanding of best-practice risk management techniques across financial services industry.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships within the business and enterprise Risk function.
- Proven leadership and project management skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end to end risk management solutions and controls aligned with business/customer processes.
- Deep understanding of risk framework, corporate/business policies, and programs to translate into plans for the business, function and/or risk type.
- Demonstrated leadership ability that embodies the Wells Fargo Vision and Values and leadership competencies.
- Ethical integrity and demonstrated ability to assess and determine when to raise concerns and escalate.
- Strong analytical ability used to identify risks and confidently raise issues, escalate early and engage in constructive credible challenge and will do so independently when necessary.
- Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale.
- Ability to design and implement control analytics and reporting to drive effective decision making and results.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and analyze issues when you collect data from multiple sources and know how to ask the right questions to obtain the information needed to size up a situation properly.
- Proven experience in leading business support services providing effective administration and infrastructure support required to enable team performance.
Required Qualifications: Proven experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; comparable in IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, which must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both.
- Proficient knowledge and experience in International Financial Services and regulatory agencies, especially those in the particular region.
- Experience driving forward looking strategic plans and full lifecycle transformation leadership from idea inception to implementation to adoption into business as usual operations.
- Ability to identify and transform existing programs that may be ineffective or deficient from a technological, operational and/or human capital perspective.
- Working knowledge of Wholesale Banking.
- Strong experience and business acumen in the financial services industry, products, and regulatory environment.
- Previous experience executing regulatory remediation and corrective actions and interacting with regulators.
- Proven leadership ability to develop teams, lead virtual teams, and drive successful execution of change initiatives.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to influence and consult strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to process multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and the ability to prepare training/awareness materials that reinforce procedures.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.