International Control - Procedures and Training Consultant
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
The newly formed Wholesale Control (WC) organization sits within the Wholesale Banking group and supports the businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The team assesses and effectively manages risks and delivers an integrated view of risks, produces a sustainable control environment, and instills a culture of strong risk management. The WC interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to consistently drive comprehensive implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
The International Control team identifies, assesses, and mitigates risks across Financial Crimes, Regulatory, and Operational Risk types, ensuring alignment with the risk management framework and policies established by Independent Risk Management (IRM).
International Control Procedure and Training position reports to the International Control Regional Governance and Programs Leader within the Wholesale Control organization. The purpose of the International Control team is to identify, assess and mitigate risks across Financial Crimes, Regulatory and Operational Risk types. We achieve this by coordinating with businesses operating internationally, while adhering to policies established by Independent Risk Management (IRM). This position will be accountable for planning and delivering procedures and training to implement both Corporate or Wholesale programs, as well as any programs and controls needed to comply with local jurisdictional requirements. This position will implement procedures and training in conjunction with the International Control Governance and Programs team, and Wholesale Control teams, including LOB Control teams. This position will also maintain relationships across the various Wholesale, Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) and Wealth & Investment Management (WIM) Control programs (e.g. Governance, Enterprise Risk, Compliance, Operational Risk, and Financial Crimes) to ensure effective end-to-end integration of risk management initiatives across risk types and business control programs across International. This candidate will work cross functionally with multiple stakeholders and support partners globally. The team member will drive implementation of Wells Fargo's Corporate and business specific policies and procedures in a holistic, consistent and practical manner. The ideal candidate possesses a unique skill set and combination of expertise/experience in international financial services, risk management, regulatory and financial crimes control, and regulatory remediation. The successful candidate will work closely with senior leaders across Wholesale, as well as WIM and PVSI, in the development of risk management procedures and training. This team member must be capable of initiating action and managing change in a fast paced environment under regulatory scrutiny and heightened expectations. It requires a team member with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement while having ability to make timely and difficult decisions. Successful candidate will have ability to distill complex concepts into simplified/targeted solutions, communicate those concepts effectively and ensure that all deliverables are met. They will use both experience and analysis to identify business problems and build compelling fact-based strategic recommendations. They will also have a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including Business Leaders, Independent Risk Management and Regulators.
Market Skills and Certifications Specific Responsibilities:
- Identify, design, and implement regional procedures and training for local jurisdictional requirements in conjunction with the International Controls Governance and Programs team and LOB Control teams.
- Provide input into the development of enterprise-wide and region-specific risk programs and policies in coordination with Control Executive Risk program leaders and IRM.
- Partner in the implementation of cross-functional regulatory change management in coordination with the International Controls Governance and Programs team and LOB Control teams.
- Partner to design and implement controls to address outstanding regional issues within the international regions, including issues identified by Wells Fargo Audit Services and Regulators.
- Partner to ensure an adequate design of the risk management framework across the region and escalate areas of concern of deficiency, including possible solutions.
- Partner with key stakeholders across Wholesale, PVSI and WIM as well as other supporting organizations in the execution of the International Control transformation program.
- Manage relationships and foster a team orientation with corporate, business heads, legal, audit and multiple US and non-US regulators.
- Promote and maintain a risk culture that encourages an informed, measured, disciplined and balanced approach to understanding and managing business process risk and controls.
Required Qualifications: Significant experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or similar IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which a proportion must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both. Desired Qualifications:
- Proficient knowledge and experience in International Financial Services and regulatory agencies, especially those in the particular region.
- Experience documenting procedures and preparing training/awareness materials for risk management programs and associated controls, especially operational risk, compliance, financial crimes, or enterprise risk programs, as well as integration across risk programs is critical.
- Experience participating in strategic planning and full lifecycle transformation leadership from idea inception to implementation to adoption into business as usual operations.
- Ability to identify and transform existing programs that may be ineffective or deficient from a technological, operational and/or human capital perspective.
- Working knowledge of Wholesale Banking.
- Strong experience and business acumen in the financial services industry, products, and regulatory environment.
- Previous experience executing regulatory remediation and corrective actions and interacting with regulators.
- Proven leadership ability to develop teams, lead virtual teams, and drive successful execution of change initiatives.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to influence and consult strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to process multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and the ability to prepare training/awareness materials that reinforce procedures.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.