Investment Analyst - Direct Lending
Part of a wider global alternative investment firm with capital under management of over €20 billion+ the Direct Lending team provides senior, subordinated, and unitranche debt for refinancings,growth capital, acquisitions, buyouts and balance sheet recapitalizations.
With an extensive portfolio of existing investments, the team provides expertise across a broadrange of industries, including business services, manufacturing, healthcare, retail, food/agriculture and specialty finance.
The Direct Lending team is made up of 20+ highly experienced, senior individuals, as a result of successful fundraising and continued dealflow, the team is looking for an intelligent, independent- thinking, and ambitious candidate to join as an Investment Analyst,
As an Investment Analyst, you will provide support for the sourcing, underwriting and analysis of potential new investments, develop complex models, provide detailed credit analysis and be involved in post-closing portfolio management and investment monitoring.
The opportunity will provide the right candidate with a top tier platform to continuous dealflow and complex transactions across the US and EMEA middle markets and the potential to assume responsibilities across the whole deal cycle.
· Performing detailed financial and market research and analysis that forms the basis for decisions on new debt and/or equity investments of the firm
· Screening new investment opportunities
· Preparing various complex Excel financial models including cash flow analysis, debt sizing and structuring
· Preparing investment committee memos
· Preparing presentations and pitches for internal and external use
· Analysing investment performance including maintaining and updating investment valuations and financial models as well as keeping track of relevant current market activities
· Assisting in negotiating and preparing the legal documentation
· Assisting in investment closings
· Meeting with management teams and sponsors when assessing new investment opportunities and monitoring the existing portfolio
· Additional duties include providing direct support as deemed necessary by senior management
· At least 2-3 years’ experience from a background in either a leveraged finance/investment banking, private credit, PE investment or M&A
· Relevant Bachelor’s degree required from a top tier institution (Economics & Finance focused)
· Strong intellect with excellent quantitative, financial and analytical skills
· Business acumen and an investment mindset
· Advanced MS Excel modelling and MS PowerPoint skills (tested during application process)
· Excellent team player keen to move to a growing team