An award-winning pan-European private debt fund is hiring an Investment Analyst to join the UK and Ireland team in London. The firm focuses on providing complex financial solutions to small and mid-cap companies, with multi-sector experience and a relationship driven approach.
As an Investment Analyst you will:
- Perform detailed financial and market research and analysis that forms the basis for decisions on new debt and/or equity investments of the firm.
- Prepare various complex Excel financial models including debt sizing, structuring and cash flow.
- Screen new investment opportunities
- Prepare presentations and pitches for internal and external use
- Prepare investment committee memos
- Analyse investment performance including maintaining and updating investment valuations and financial models as well as keeping track of relevant current market activities
- Assist in negotiating and preparing the legal documentation
- Assist in investment closings
- Meet with management teams and sponsors when assessing new investment opportunities and monitoring the existing portfolio
- Additional duties include providing direct support as deemed necessary by senior management
- Relevant Bachelor's degree required from a top tier institution
- 1-3 years experience in a debt-focused team (e.g. Leveraged Finance, Debt Origination, Advisory, Restructuring) from an investment banking, Big 4 or equivalent institution.
- Candidate must have British Citizenship, indefinite leave to remain or pre-settlement status - the firm cannot sponsor visas.
- Must be result-oriented, have strong analytical and technical skills, with attention to detail and quality when delivering results under time pressure.
- Must be keen to continue learning the ins and outs of debt finance transactions, eager to take on new challenges with a flexible mindset.
- You must have organisational skills and proven project management
- Advanced MS PowerPoint and MS Excel modelling skills - to be tested in the application process
- Participation in the Chartered Financial Analysts® (CFA) program OR ACA qualification is a plus.