Investment Consultant – Private Equity Secondary and Co-investment Strategies
- London, England, Großbritannien London England GB
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Walker Hamill
- 25 Mai 18 2018-05-25
Our client is an independent, award-winning investment consultancy looking for a Director/ Associate Director for their Private Markets team, to focus on Private Equity Secondary and Co-investment Funds.
With highly customised processes tailored to each individual client, their aim is to empower investors with the resources and information to take key decisions.
The team is drawn from portfolio management, research, consultancy and academia, combining deep specialist expertise with global perspective.
You will be apart of a growing team that has seen a surge of demand for it’s services, including winning key awards across the industry.
They now advise over 400 of the world’s largest and most sophisticated institutional investors and corporations from over 25 countries world-wide.
Skills and experience
- Relevant industry experience in private markets ideally gained Secondary and Co-investment activities. This is experience is likely to have come through exposure to Private Equity given the greater prevalence of these strategies in this asset class, but experience across private asset classes would be desirable. In particular, it would be useful for the candidate to have experience across both ‘equity’ and ‘debt’ within the private asset classes.
- Experience of analysing, underwriting and investing in private funds, of working at a private fund, or experience at a principal investor.
- Experience of the fund management industry gained within a fund of funds, consulting or other firm is desirable but not a prerequisite.
The incoming consultant will be required to assist their clients with:
- Investment objectives
- Asset allocation structures
- Investment manager structures and guidelines
- Investment manager selection and evaluation
- Performance monitoring
The results of the consultant’s analyses will be a set of specific options and recommendations for the client, designed to achieve the long-term investment objectives.
The level of autonomy and project leadership given to the candidate will depend on his/her level of seniority and number of years of experience in the industry.
Responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Managing analytical processes as they relate to searches and other advisory work on private markets.
- Researching and evaluating potential investments into funds, separate accounts, club deals and potentially direct investments.
- Developing diversified portfolios to enable increased returns and lower volatility consistent with the risk tolerance and income needs of the client.
- Advising clients on customized investment solutions in private markets.
- Contributing to the Private Markets team’s efforts in business development and client acquisition, in collaboration with Relationship Managers.
- Intellectually curious in terms of private markets and how they can impact a client’s portfolio
- True team player who can adapt and excel in a fast-paced working environment
- Numerate, with good analysis skills
- Knowledge of a second language is preferred but not essential
- Ambition to contribute to a market leading team
- Excellent communication skills, able to work in a robust environment, presenting their own opinions and:
- Listening to others
- Gravitas and presence
- Energy and enthusiasm
If you think you could be interested in this role or would like to know more information please send you background to Lorianne Burge on email@example.com