The main purpose of our Investment Executive role is to assist two or more Investment Managers in effective and efficient team support and client administration. The team manages private client portfolios, pensions, ISAs/JISAs, trusts and several in-house funds, thus the role will also require taking the lead on fund administration. As well as managing traditional investment portfolios, this team is responsible for managing the Climate Assets strategy, investing in companies providing solutions for the problems or urbanisation, resource scarcity and climate change.
Quilter Cheviot has a heritage that dates back to 1771. As one of the UK’s largest discretionary investment management firms, Quilter Cheviot has managed bespoke investment portfolios for individuals and families for generations. Quilter Cheviot is focused on helping their clients invest for a lifetime of opportunities and challenges.
Quilter Cheviot is part of Quilter, a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management both in the UK and internationally, managing over £118.7 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers (as at October 2019). Quilter plc, our group holding company, is listed on the London and Johannesburg stock exchanges.
About the role
Some of the key responsibilities of this role are:
- To ensure all client relationships are properly documented on a timely basis, including checking that "Know Your Client" information is maintained up-to-date.
- Under supervision, to provide clients and/or their agents with information and reports about their portfolio. An Investment Executive may not initiate investment advice or provide investment management services.
- To assist the Investment Managers so that they can fulfil their responsibilities in assessing existing and potential clients' circumstances, investment objectives and attitude to risk in order to recommend appropriate professional services as relevant.
- To ensure all duties and tasks are completed within all relevant rules, compliance regulations and in-house policies and procedures.
- To prepare and provide clients and/or intermediaries with information and reports as required.
- Form effective and efficient relationships with other team members to enable the smooth running of team procedures, especially in the absence of other team support and the Investment Managers.
We are looking for an individual with the following skills, knowledge and experiences:
- Handles tasks with thoroughness and accuracy. Recognises and resolves errors.
- Has technical knowledge appropriate to the role, including relevant computer systems and keeps this knowledge up to date.
- Actively supports Company strategy. Maintains knowledge of industry and the Company’s position. Acts as an ambassador for Quilter Cheviot, proactively enhancing the brand. Seeks new challenges and delivers consistent superior performance. Improves quality and efficiency to drive results.
- Builds trust and maintains relationships by understanding client needs and, where relevant, aligning services to meet objectives.
- The ideal candidate has already achieved a relevant professional qualification such as the Investment Administration Diploma (IAD).
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and use of investment systems, ideally Figaro.
- Experience within the private client investment industry and/or fund administration is essential.
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
Holiday: 26 days
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Private Medical Insurance: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own cost
Life Assurance: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own cost
Income Protection: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absence
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.