Investment Finance Accountant
- Market related
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Canada Life Limited
- 08 Feb 18 2018-02-08
Our Investments division, based in the heart of London, comprises a team of highly qualified specialists with approximately £36 billion of assets under management. An exciting opportunity has arisen for am Investment Finance Accountant to join this successful office, as part of our Investment Finance team. You will be required to support the commercial finance accounting and reporting for all Canada Life Investments activities and the management and financial accounting requirements
Investment Finance Accountant
- London City based opposite Bank Station
- Competitive bonus + benefits + study support
Canada Life is the UK subsidiary of the Great West Life Assurance Company which is owned by Great West Lifeco. Great West Lifeco is the largest Canadian Life and Health Insurance Company and serves several million people worldwide providing a wide range of retirement savings and income plans as well as comprehensive protection contracts for individual and families.
Canada Life began operations in the United Kingdom in 1903 and looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals and companies alike. We are a leading provider of products and services in these sectors operating from offices in Potters Bar, London, Bristol and the Isle of Man employing over 1000 people.
Our Investments division, based in the heart of London, comprises a team of highly qualified specialists with approximately £36 billion of assets under management.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for am Investment Finance Accountant to join this successful office, as part of our Investment Finance team.
You will be required to support the commercial finance accounting and reporting for all Canada Life Investments activities and the management and financial accounting requirements of Canada Life UK.
To support the financial relationship between Canada Life Investments and its clients, providing all necessary analysis and information to ensure competitive business performance meets client expectations and needs.
Annual Canada Life Investment expense budget is in excess of £15m with assets under management exceeding £15b.
Specific duties will include:
- Carry out all operational processes, controls and month end processing required to complete the financial close for CL Investments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support the production of Canada Life Investments' financial accounts and Management MI including full expense budgets and fee income streams with analysis of financial performance and business reporting for Senior Management
- Carry out and continually assess all unit costing, break even analysis and business/product fees to support CL Investments commercial activities to ensure ongoing competitive, profitable returns that meet business targets as well as transfer pricing requirements within the group.
- Produce regular detailed Sales reporting and analysis of Collectives including variance analysis and associated profitability measures and statistics.
- Carry out client invoicing and recharging with full accounting and debtor controls. Provide accounting and administrative support for operations teams within CL Investments
- Liaise with Corporate Finance team at CLL to ensure all data and reporting requirements to the Group are met by CL Investments
- Continually keep abreast of changes to finance/investment regulations & implement new procedures when necessary ensuring the Business' legal & statutory requirements are met
Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- Qualified Accountant (or near qualified) -
- Investment accounting experience - minimum 2 years
- Creative, client focussed with attention to detail
- Ability to deal with complex tasks, unsupervised.
- Strong analytical skills
- Good skills in relevant software applications, including excel, word, ICON, SAP
- Ability to work on own initiative and to agreed targets
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Enthusiastic and confident approach to new challenges.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.