Investor Relations - Tech Venture Capital Fund
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- One Ten Associates
- 23 Mai 19
Our client, a Mayfair based start up tech-focused venture capital fund seeks a dynamic, entrepreneurial marketeer with in depth knowledge of and relationships within the tech ecosystem in Europe. The fund is being launched off the back of the investment manager’s US strategy and will be its first foray into Europe. The successful candidate will have the benefit of working in a fast paced, challenger VC start-up with the backing of a renowned brand name.
This is clearly a new role and therefore a broad blank canvas is available to help shape. Reporting to the Head of Operations locally and working closely with the Front Office team, the individual will be responsible for:
- Developing and implement a strategy for technology and entrepreneurial community engagement with the business.
- Create opportunities for the investment team, portfolio companies and the wider entrepreneurial community to connect with each other, share ideas, learn new skills.
- Develop mix of larger-scale events (e.g., conferences) and smaller more intimate events (e.g. theme dinners, etc.)
- Proactively work with the investment team to identify and nurture key relationships (e.g., existing and target entrepreneurs, other VCs, advisors, key introducers and brand ambassadors, etc.)
- Work with the Communications and Capital teams on marketing, branding strategy and online / social-media presence.
- Manage the Advisor Network, including specialised events.
- Develop relationships with portfolio companies and work with the head office’s Business Development / Value Creation team to support linkages.
- Responsible for marketing initiatives that drive the business locally - event planning, conferences, blogs, etc.
- Digital marketing initiatives – utilising SEO, CLR and other appropriate means of driving an online presence.
- Building possibly 3rd party relationships around PR, Investor community.
- Managing and executing a comprehensive calendar of communications, including content articles, research, blog posts, social media, thought pieces that align to align with strategic themes.
- Managing and executing the production, promotion and amplification of community and public events at London HQ and across key strategic geographies in Europe for media and entrepreneur communities.
- Monitoring and managing the website and social presence, as well as keeping updated online community spaces relevant to media and entrepreneur communities.
- Managing and creating engaging text, image, and video content that reflects the high quality and voice of the brand, in conjunction with the brand guidelines established by the head office.
- Managing internal marketing automation / CRM containing all key audiences: portfolio and external names.
- Crafting and sending regular segment-targeted newsletters with company updates to stakeholder audiences, coordinating to ensure brand consistency.
- Liaising with other teams to stay updated on new investments and portfolio news
- Monitoring news alerts, both from technology publications and portfolio companies, to remain informed of new activities of relevance to wider teams.
- Joining social media groups and professional platforms to monitor industry-related topics
- Staying up-to-date with digital technology trends, particularly as they relate to the European Tech start-up community.
- Working with Legal and Compliance to build and execute, if necessary, a contingency plan in the event of any PR issued.
- Constantly helping us to innovate in our thinking in relation to the way we work.
The successful candidate will collaborate with the team on the ground and elsewhere, to determine ever more effective ways to amplify and grow our brand in Europe from ground zero.
- Experience as a PR/Media Manager at a leading agency or a fast-growing tech company.
- Have a demonstrable track record in the field of tech, start-ups or investment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the start up / tech ecosystem.
- Well-connected in the Tech Start-Up space across the main European Hubs.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills -- demonstrate the ability to produce well written, engaging content.
- Experienced in launching community initiatives and overseeing social media management for brands.
- Able to identify and track relevant community metrics (e. g. campaign / event ROI, story reach, website traffic, engagement metrics).
- Have a high level of attention to detail and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a very high quality of output.
- A demonstrable commitment to keeping abreast of the technology profession and a high proficiency in digital marketing capabilities and experiences.
- Demonstrate a high level of professional integrity, emotional intelligence and network-building and maintaining skills.