Their aim is to build a truly cloud native platform (agnostic) that is entirely automated in AWS. It will take on the legacy technology debt many banks have and lead to systematic and fundamental changes to the banks and financial services sector. Their next-generation cloud-native technology platform enables their clients, tier 1 global banking institutions, to support the growing scale of their customers and to provide them with more timely, relevant and personalised banking experiences. The platform is built on a highly available and robust microservices architecture, using a unique data model that is fully compliant with Open Banking standards. It is infinitely configurable and constantly evolving to deliver better, more personal, experiences for customers across the globe.
As a software engineer, you will help develop their scalable, cloud-based, next-generation banking service which will be used by a number of Banks and services a mission-critical system that will potentially serve hundreds of millions of customers across the globe. In this role you will be part of a team responsible for the development and maintenance of key Listing products/System features. The platform is built in Java on AWS infrastructure with AWS services and Open Source frameworks used. Delivery follows the LESS (Large Scale Scrum) methodology and we will be building automated test suites using tools such as Appium, Selenium and Cucumber.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant industry experience as a Software Engineer
· Understanding of algorithm design, complex problem solving, data analysis and OOP
· Proficiency in, at least, one of Java, Python, NodeJS, C, C++
· Knowledge of CI/CD principles and experience of working with tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, CircleCI
· Experience of working with micro-services and designing APIs based on REST, gRPC or SOAP
· Experience of working with data formats like JSON, XML, Yaml
What would be nice to have
· Knowledge of building services using a well-known framework like Spring Boot or Dropwizard
· Knowledge of working with containerisation frameworks and deploying them onto the cloud
· Experience of working on any of the popular cloud platforms, like AWS, Azure or GCP
· Experience of working with distributed systems and technologies such as Apache Kafka, MongoDB, CockroachDB, DynamoDB and Apache Spark