Java Software Developer - HELIX Payments
Want to work on high performance globally distributed systems? Enjoy creating cloud-native solutions, using modern engineering practices? Passionate about the quality of systems, from code to operations? Focused on continuous improvement of your abilities, code, and business outcomes? Yes? So do we, and we'd love to build with you!
As a Software Engineer, you'll combine expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology through solid engineering practices. You'll know what good looks like in software engineering. You'll be passionate about clean design, continuous delivery and testing, and high performance reactive systems. You'll be constantly looking to re-invent and simplify, and raise the bar.
You'll join an inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards. Your passion and experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally.
We embrace a culture of experimentation, and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment - one that encourages diversity of thought, and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including: Required:
- Agile development, Scrum/Kanban, Squads/Two Pizza Teams, and hands-on experience taking requirements to delivery using an Agile processes.
- Experience applying Modern Agile Engineering practices, including: continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), TDD, and BDD.
- DevOps culture and Automation (configuration management, pipeline automation, monitoring and observability, infrastructure as code) with experience in Terraform or Cloud Formation.
- Technical experience on AWS or other Clouds, building event driven micro-services, and distributed systems
- Hands-on experience with Serverless such as AWS Lambda, and container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals. Active contributor in Agile teams. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Systems/scripting languages e.g. Go/Rust or Python.
- Hands-on development and programming experience on the Java 8+ stack including Functional and Reactive development models, Spring & SpringBoot Framework including Webflux
- Kafka producers and consumers using Java as well as using the Confluent Schema Registry
- Experience with variety of data and persistence technologies such as SQL, NoSQL (e.g.. Cassandra, DynamoDB, Maria, MongoDB, etc.), and caching platforms
- Big-data experience using AWS analytics services such as Athena, Redshift, Lake Formation, Glue, QuickSight, Tableau and EMR