Java / Scala Developer - (Application Development) - Associate
- London, England, Großbritannien London England GB
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Sep 18 2018-09-24
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced electronic trading Java developer to help advance its cross asset class automated trading platforms. The role involves building, deploying & supporting trading strategies, analytical tools, scalable trading engine infrastructure, working as part of a fast-moving IT / quant / trading team.
This is an agile, front-office role facing off with the business and as such strong communication skills and ability to work in a team is essential.
- You will be using core Java development to build and enhance trading strategies and engines.
- The role involves working directly with the global trading, quant and IT teams to advance the platform and the businesses it serves.
- The project portfolio is typically varied, spanning new and existing algorithm development, improving the technical and execution performance of trading systems, the generation and analysis of trading signals & data
- You will be involved in the full software development lifecycle from discussing and agreeing requirements, formulating designs developing and deploying the changes.
- The systems you will work on are high volume, low latency, resilient, scalable and message-driven based on cutting edge Java and utilising the latest hardware.
- Expert-level core Java knowledge in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Track record working in front-office environment with trading and quantitative strategists
- Experience developing system for automated market making, algo trading or DMA group in liquid markets (equities, FX, liquid rates, etc.)
- Experience with low-latency messaging middleware pub/sub technologies.
- Derivatives product and market knowledge. Option pricing and trading would be an advantage.
- Candidate must have electronic trading knowledge: options / cash / ETF / futures preferred; liquid rates / FX acceptable.
- Previous experience in a systematic trading environment (marketmaker, quant fund, sell-side inventory management) highly desirable.
- Knowledge of KDB or client side Java development would be nice to have
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team is essential.
- Experience interacting with and writing KDB/Q queries.
- Experience with Java/GC/Linux
- JavaFX GUI development
- OS level debugging/performance tuning.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1