Junior/Graduate - Java Developer - Investment Bank - London
- GBP35000 - GBP48000 per annum + Pension, bonus
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 12 Okt 18
My client is a leading investment bank based in the city. This role would be ideal for a Junior Java developer however they are happy to look at any OOO e.g C#/Python etc or possibly a graduate who has recently finished there degree and is looking to start there career as a software developer within the financial sector. This is a great opportunity and will really kick start your career.
The role will involve a combination of on-the-job training and formal training. The successful candidate(s) will be sponsored to study towards the CFA level 1 qualification.
The role would suit someone who is:
- A self-motivated proactive individual who is able to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Confident in dealing with people across different functions
- A good communicator with both verbal and written skills
- Able to navigate through complex and ambiguous information
- Proactive in resolving and following up issues
- Motivated to work within a technology team and use technology to add value to the bank
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Maintaining production stability & availability
- You will perform daily work based on allocation, yearly objectives and goals.
- You will ensure production break-fix and service improvement requirements take priority over change through effective stakeholder management and expectation setting.
- You will ensure that the ICBCS Service Delivery problem, incident & change management processes are understood and followed.
- You will actively minimize any IT risks across the application & underlying technology stack.
- You will contribute to effective capacity management across all applications and underpinning platform technologies that support your applications.
- You will ensure all batch SLA's/ OLA's are appropriate, understood and agreed for the critical path of your batch processes, ensuring that you understand the full business impacts of any failures along that path.
- You will contribute to knowledge management across your applications ensuring all architecture diagrams and documents, data flows and integrations, release and deployment guides, administration; disaster recovery documentation, user and/or training manuals are centrally stored and frequently reviewed.
- You will ensure all fixes or known errors are maintained in the relevant knowledge or known-error databases.
- You will ensure logical access management/security procedures and policies are followed.
- You will ensure all BCP/Crisis Management plans are understood.
Analytics, problem solving & reporting
- You will contribute to the identification of incident root cause and service improvement with an inquiring and tenacious approach.
- You will contribute to proactive trending on a wide and diverse set of data points any potential incident or risk themes.
- You will review current & recent problems to ensure the correct level of due diligence and challenge has been performed to mitigate repeat incidents.
- You will ensure problem records are kept up to date with clear & concise information explaining what current investigational steps are taking place with clear commitments on delivery.
- You will ensure that data quality assurance standards are maintained and improved where possible to ensure meaningful Management Information can be produced for Senior Management.
- You will have a restless curiosity that will lead you to interrogate all technology, processes and data for opportunities to improve stability, customer experience and quality.
- You will manage your own workload proactively and understand escalation processes.
- Your primary focus will be on driving incident reduction demonstrated through improved production stability.
- You will ensure adherence to all group standards / policies and procedures.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Degree qualified
- Preferred experience working in a function of an investment bank and understands the need for control in a banking environment
- Understanding of Financial Regulatory controls across multiple global jurisdictions.
- Evidence of progression and consistency in career to date.
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise
- Windows and Unix (Linux, Sun, HP, AIX) platforms.
- Databases (Oracle, Sybase, MSSQL, MySQL).
- QA duties (usability, performance & automated testing, test scripts, cases and plans.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- This is a role that would ideally suit a graduate with a financial, computer science, engineering or maths degree along with up to 2 years' experience.
- Good academic background
Should you wish to know more about this great opportunity please send your CV over to jomullen@teksystems(.com) or give me a call on 0203 530 9019 and ask for John
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis group of companies, the fourth largest staffing group in the world, (collectively referred to as the "Allegis Group"). TEKsystems, Aston Carter and Aerotek are trading names of Allegis Group Limited. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Statement available at http://www.allegisgroup.com/Privacy/Default.aspx. Please note when you give us your data, we will share it within Allegis Group and this involves the transfer of such data outside the European Economic Area, subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Statement.