Junior Desktop Support EngineerABOUT OCTOPUS
Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 600 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we've established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The mission of the IT team is to provide innovative and reliable technology solutions to help the business and their clients work smarter and more efficiently. The IT team has grown significantly over the last year in terms of numbers of people, systems supported and projects to deliver. Technology is seen as the enabler to helping the company further differentiate itself on customer service as well as allowing it to grow rapidly without constraining the business.
- You're fascinated by the way things work and the reasons they sometimes don't
- You sometimes rearrange your computer setup just for fun
- You were the kind of kid who took things apart just to put them back together (correctly)
- You provide white-glove treatment to customers
- You have a background in tech support
- You share a passion for technology
- HOW you do it is just as important as WHAT you do
- You are a confident communicator, enjoy working in a friendly, collaborative, fast-paced team and are comfortable talking to people at all levels of the business
You'll love us if you enjoy:
- Solving problems - things happen and you're there to fix them
- Providing a 'best in class' customer experience
- Having passion about customer service and a commitment to exceeding expectations
- New technology
- Provide both remote and desk-side support across the Octopus group
- Ensure all Desktop Support tickets are regularly reviewed & updated
- Experience providing Desktop Support
- Good knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems
- Good understanding of different types of computing and mobile software
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- We're one of the largest VCs in Europe
- We love entrepreneurs
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- Started in a bedroom 17 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
- Flexible working hours.
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team.
- Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits.
- Relaxed, creative environment.
- Stunning office.
Must have the right to work in the UK
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don't make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you've got a great idea, don't keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.