Lead C# Software Engineer
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
Department: Elysian Systems
The Elysian application is a real-time trading and matching platform used to match orders in physical and over-the-counter (OTC) markets, including fixed income/repo and commodities. It supports multiple execution styles including central limit order book, auctions and RFQs.
We are a small, dedicated and focused team of open-minded, experienced developers, all based in the London office. We directly shape the future of the product and are trusted to make all the technical decisions. We are developing a leading-edge trading platform where we have the flexibility to make our own decisions about the development process, architecture and technology. We are an innovative and reactive team offering quick answers to technological challenges and business opportunities, both for external and internal customers.
- Hands on technical lead, building consensus on detailed design and architecture plans for complex, large scale efforts.
- Oversees development for all aspects of the application their team is responsible for delivering.
- Mentors development staff
- Applies expert knowledge of C# language, DBMS and middle-ware technologies in independently designing and developing key services.
- Develop solutions for deployment in the Cloud.
- Leads code reviews, proactively identifying and mitigating potential issues and defects.
- Defines key metrics driving code optimization and re-factoring.
- Plays a lead role in preliminary story review, providing constructive feedback and input on both work effort estimation as well as architecture/design improvements.
- Plays a lead role in working with analysts to interpret high level requirements for complex, large scale initiatives and decomposing them into independent stories and sub-tasks for the team.
- Expected to develop network of relationships within the organization in order to achieve results and to effectively communicate vision and status both within/across teams as well as to management.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts by identifying and championing practical means of reducing time to market while maintaining high quality products (i.e. - process improvements/automation opportunities).
- Embraces and enforces CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
- Bachelor's degree (with honors) or equivalent/better strongly preferred, but substantial relevant experience could substitute.
- A solid background in maths and computer science, a good knowledge of basic data-structures, algorithms and algorithmic complexity.
- Excellent problem solving skills with significant experience of development in C# or similar
- Excellent understanding of the platforms and language you're familiar with, including .NET/C#, a good understanding of how things work underneath, in the runtime and the operating system
- Be interested and enthusiastic about technology and finance, have the desire to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in developing performance-critical, low-latency, high-throughput .NET applications
- Deep knowledge of multi-threading and parallel programming in general
- Experience in modern web-technologies (Angular, React)
- Good C++ knowledge
Why would you want to join our team?
- You will not be told how to do things, we expect you to work autonomously, prioritize your own work and think about the customers' needs.
- We're redesigning the system to be a modern, scalable, high performance architecture. Creative new ideas are welcome, everybody who is interested can be involved in the decision making process.
- You get to learn about a broad range of financial products.
- Everything you do directly affects the customers and is in use by thousands of people every day.