Leading large cap fund seeks VP for their new mid-market team
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Arkesden Private Equity
- 14 Feb 18 2018-02-14
Our client is a global fund with offices in Europe, North America and Asia. They invest in a range of sectors, with a focus on achieving complex operational improvements to best grow their portfolio companies. A tremendous year of fundraising saw them raise their latest fund, which doubled their AUM, with significant contributions from both retained and new LPs. They have thus far invested c. 50% of this amount.
The firm are now launching a specialist Small-Mid Cap fund, with a hard cap of $1.5bn and targeted at $1bn – it is expected to be completed soon. After bringing into two experienced PE investors at MD level, to run this fund, the team are now looking to increase resources at the Vice-President level.
This fund is to be invested out of London across both North America and Europe, with c.30% dedicated to the European market. European investments will concentrate on the strongholds of Germany, the UK, and France, with opportunistic investments to be assessed in the Benelux, Spain, Italy and the Nordics.
Our client always takes a controlling stake in its investments in order to allow full operational improvements, and due to the previous sector expertise of the team will be focusing on opportunities within the Industrials, Business Services and related Tech sectors.
The team will target companies with an EBITDA of <$40-50mn and revenues of <$500mn, and will prioritise investments where they feel they are best able to add value through complex operational carve-outs, local business internationalisation, or strategic and operational transformation.
As the VP in this team, you will be expected to become the lynchpin of its operations, by managing 2-3 processes at a time and linking together all aspects of the deals from top to bottom.
You will be increasingly involved in BD and origination as you develop within the firm, with a focus on execution prevalent from day 1. You will also receive the opportunity to stay involved with your portfolio companies throughout the entire life cycle of the deal, in tandem with our clients’s specialist operations team.
This Opportunity will offer you:
- The chance to become a key cog in an entrepreneurial but humble team within a successful and established firm.
- High levels of responsibility within a lean team structure.
- Exposure across the investment life cycle.
- Broad geographical focus.
- Strong personal development through working closely with experienced senior individuals.
- Carry on investments you are involved in.
- c.2-4 years building up a solid technical skillset within Investment Banking, before spending c.3-6 years as an associate in Private Equity.
- Previous experience within Industrials/Business Services.
- Related geographical exposure, with a focus on Europe and North America.
- Previous lower-mid market experience would be ideal.
- German language fluency would be advantageous.
- Able to sponsor candidates which are of exceptional quality and meet the requirements above.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to build upon their experience in a demanding but rewarding environment.