Macquarie Insurance Facility – Associate
The Macquarie Insurance Facility is an aggregated insurance buying programme that was originally created to deliver portfolio benefits to Macquarie owned and managed assets. Through its scale and buying power, it has delivered savings in excess of US$215m to participating businesses. In addition to the Macquarie assets, it is now accessed by over 40 Private Equity firms and Infrastructure Funds representing 450+ portfolio companies. Together, the Macquarie assets and third-party businesses represent 450 companies and over US$1bn of premium spend, making it one of the largest buyers of insurance in the world.
Joining our EMEA Macquarie Insurance Facility team as an Executive, you will perform duties to optimize the usage and delivery of this function within Macquarie and to third parties. You will have regular interaction with brokers and key insurance markets and be responsible for embedding and developing relationships with portfolio companies and third-party prospects. You will ensure we are integrated into insurance placements and renewal processes and assist Macquarie deal teams with M&A insurance (e.g. W&I, tax and title).
This role within the team will increase technical insurance competencies allowing greater consultative and problem-solving abilities. This will enhance our relationships with customers, grow new relationships and thereby increase revenue.
Your responsibilities will span across two key areas:
Brokers and key insurance markets:
- oversee the asset portfolio and help manage renewal process throughout calendar year, with a specific focus on EMEA.
- work closely with main brokers and their associated central teams - attend weekly meetings and hold regular telephone conversations.
- utilise your existing knowledge of broker networks to help generate future opportunities.
- maintain communication with key insurance markets focusing on current deal activity and risk appetite
- be responsible for managing / delivering appropriate insurer pipelines and understand specific strengths and weaknesses of each insurer based on past performances.
- articulate our offerings and market value to brokers and insurers.
- work closely with asset managers within Macquarie in order to understand the individual businesses with a specific focus on insurance opportunities / requirements, particularly M&A insurance products.
- participate in broker / insurer sponsored events to communicate offerings / capabilities to asset managers, portfolio companies, third parties and colleagues.
- track insurer agreements and have a thorough understanding of which markets can be utilized in which territory per line of business and dovetail with new business opportunities.
Portfolio companies & third-party prospects:
- meet with portfolio companies and understand their insurance requirements, the current programmes and any potential changes to the business that will affect insurances.
- create and embed a renewal process into the current culture. Achieved by visiting portfolio company / third party during the renewal cycle and matching their renewal objectives with our abilities.
- attend prospect meetings and present on our offerings
- co-ordinate and facilitate client forums, workshops and other client events.
Your prior experience within an insurance position liaising with different stakeholders within an insurance transaction, including but not limited to, managing colleagues internally or other parties external to your firm, will be beneficial in this role. You will have broad and regular experience of dealing with clients and/or insurers and/or brokers. Your strong communication and interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, motivation and the ability to be proactive will be welcomed in this role. About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a large scale, global asset manager, providing clients with access to a diverse range of capabilities and products across infrastructure, real estate, natural resources, private credit, fixed income, equities, multi-asset and liquid alternatives. As at 31 March 2020, Macquarie Asset Management has $A606.9 billion of assets under management. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.