Management Accountant FTC
DESCRIPTION Hey - there's a revolution going on! A revolution in digital entertainment. Every day millions of people around the world choose to be more thoughtfully entertained, informed and educated by listening to fascinating stories and all forms of fictional and non-fictional content on their smartphones and other mobile devices.
Audible, an Amazon company, is the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment on the internet, offering customers a new way to enhance and enrich their lives every day. Titles downloaded from Audible are compatible with hundreds of mobile devices, including the iPhone and Android smartphones.
As Management Accountant for the UK you will work closely with the Financial Controller and Finance Manager within this dynamic and growing online business, with exposure to all areas of the accounting and control function. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be involved in everything from day to day double entry on the general ledger and financial admin, to assisting external auditors, and working with the business teams on budget control and cost tracking.
We are ideally looking for an experienced accountant, who has worked in a fast-paced high growth e-commerce/retail sector. You will need to be proactive, flexible and able to adapt your approach to your work, and willing to take on project specific and ad hoc tasks as required. You will be a quick learner, and will assume responsibility for many day to day accounting and reporting matters.
Key deliverables include:
• Month end close tasks such as preparing and posting marketing cost accruals, preparing and posting content amortization journal and preparing balance sheet reconciliations.
• Support Content team with project reporting, Original programming project set ups and ad hoc production queries.
• Assist Finance Manager with monthly and quarterly royalty processing activities, with specific responsibilities for retail royalty reporting.
• Support Finance Manager in project work, particularly around royalty processing, content accounting and global process alignment.
Our Finance team is a key partner to the wider business and part of the role of the Management Accountant is to ensure that these relationships are managed and maintained appropriately. With key colleagues in the US, Germany, and the UK, strong communication skills are critical to your success in this role.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Excellent academics
• Sound experience in Accounting and Controlling
• Strong balance sheet reconciliation skills
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Structured and systematic way of working, as well as excellent time management
• Natural relationship builder
• Commitment and drive to be solution focused; ability to get stuck in and complete whatever work is necessary
• Advanced excel skills
• Fluency in English (written and spoken).
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified or part qualified
• Experience with Workday and/or Oracle general ledger a plus but not essential