Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, help families and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. .
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever. What will you be doing?
We are looking for a talented Data scientist to join our Customer Analytics team, working on two rapidly growing products within Funding Circle's suite
- Playing a key role in shaping the growth of two key strategic pillars for Funding Circle - FlexiPay (our new line of credit produce) and FC Marketplace (where we grow our business by partnering with other lenders)
- Collaborating with commercial and senior stakeholders to define Funding Circle's strategy to scale FlexiPay and FC Marketplace
- Maintaining framework to understand key performance drivers of FlexiPay, manage unit economics, engagement and future product design
- Developing and deploy machine learning algorithms to determine application allocation to partners in FC Marketplace and ensure optimal use of operational resources
- Working with the marketing and other analytics teams to define a cross-channel testing strategy, in order to optimise engagement across Funding Circle's suite of products
- Working with technology teams to update product features and embed analytics in product design
- Developing monitoring suites for each area to ensure common understanding of performance from operational teams to senior management
Why join us?
- Educated with a bachelor's degree in quantitative/finance related fields or have equal relevant experience
- Experienced in analytics, with business finance and/or credit cards (revolving credit) preferred
- From a coding background preferred with SQL, Python, or R
- Self-motivated, and willing to get involved across a range of areas to make the product a success
- A proven problem-solving skills using logical reasoning and analytical methods
- Able to excellently translate complex analytical outputs into clear, simple and actionable stories
- Open minded, collaborative, great to interact with
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target-driven and high-octane - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We will consider flexible working options; please talk to us to discuss how we could make this role flexible for you. . Want to Build the Incredible? We'd love to hear from you