Our client an International Trading House, is currently seeking a Market / Trading Analyst position working in their London offices. Consideration will be given to fresh graduates or candidates whom have gained some previous Sales experience.
The Market / Trading Analyst will be required to work both within a small team and on their own to update and develop sections of new and existing data sets and content for the Energy market.
The Market Analyst will provide market fundamentals, short-long term supply/demand analysis, and support for the trading desk globally. In addition, this position will support ad hoc requests from commercial team. In this role, will work alongside an active trading desk and develop an understanding for the business.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a keen interest in, and possibly knowledge of, trends in relevant commodities markets. The applicant will be able to readily summarise and communicate trends in a clear, concise manner.
- Originate new counterparts and onboard
- - Manage the trade cycle across barrels, from deal negotiation to trade execution and posting trades on exchange.
- Attend global oil industry events and conferences.
- Market Company as a market maker and Direct Trading counterpart
- Provide superior service to counterparts
- Strong efforts to improve service edge iteratively through a process driven approach
- Requirements of position:
- A degree within finance, economics, or related field of study.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Ablity to process and analyse information & data; sensitivity to numbers
- Foreign language in either: Arabic(preferred), Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, and/or Korean.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Self-starter who is exceptionally driven by achieving targets
- Commercially aware with good business acumen: able to identify business development opportunities and design and implement solutions to add measurable value to counter parties.
- Strong work ethic with ability to manage a high pressured, fast-pace, multi-faceted environment
- Proven ability to work autonomously and proactively - A keen interest in oil markets
- 1-2 year experience in Sales Trading Derivatives in any asset class preferred.
- Must have the right to work in the UK