Master Data Analyst - London
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 22 Apr 19
Master Data Analyst - London
Bloomberg's Master Data team is responsible for establishing data governance and improving data quality across various data domains (Customer, Vendor, Material, etc.). The goal of the team is to improve decision-making capabilities across the organization and also support transactional systems and processes as it relates to SAP master data. This team is seeking a data analyst to maintain master data operations and assist on data governance and data quality projects.
You're one of those people who:
- Is passionate about data
- Likes to gather, review, validate and maintain master data in SAP
- Loves coming up with innovative and viable suggestions for improving data quality
- Applies knowledge of statistics, data modeling, relational database management to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to better business decision making
We'll trust you to:
- Review, validate and execute master data requests in multi-system environment including but not limited to requests to create, change, extend, block / unblock, or otherwise modify master data
- Maintain master data governance rules, standard operating procedures, naming convention and other enterprise data standards
- Multi-task in a multi-functional environment while maintaining service level targets
- Communicate and liaise with business units to thoroughly understand business requirements and impact of master data changes
- Contact relevant sources i.e. suppliers, end users etc. to gather and confirm information.
- Perform data profiling, root cause analysis and data cleansing using Excel, Access, SQL and other data quality tools like Informatica.
- Analyze and provide data metrics to management in order to help prioritize areas for data quality improvement.
- Perform both record-level and large-scale manual additions, adjustments and corrections to continuously ensure overall data quality and integrity
- Maintain excellent working relationship between internal (team and the whole organization) and external parties (vendors, customers)
- Work with relevant business and technical teams to identify master data related improvement opportunities.
- Assist in various projects/ad-hoc activities as needed e.g. gathering requirements, documentation, reporting, data analysis and data cleansing.
You'll need to have:
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Hands on expertise with MS Excel, Access in performing data analysis
- Experience around SAP master data processes with a strong understanding of Accounts Payable and Procurement process
- Skilled in SQL programming and relational databases
- Experience in data mining, data analysis and data modeling
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player and independently in a fast-paced environment, think analytically, with the ability to conduct research, document processes, analyze data and resolve problems
- Strong work ethic with a positive, hands-on, can-do attitude
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Opening date: 16.04.2019
Closing date: 16.05.2019
Salary: Competitive & Benefits