Mortgage Underwriter (FinTech)
- Competitive + Equity
- London, England, Großbritannien London England GB
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 17 Apr 18 2018-04-17
As a Mortgage Underwriter, you will make sure appropriate lending decisions are made in a well-timed manner, whilst providing incredible levels of service as you go. You will also be involved in enhancing Molo’s lending policy where required.
Molo About Us
Molo is an exciting FinTech start-up aiming at revolutionising mortgages in the UK, by developing the first true “fully digital”, direct-to-consumer mortgage lender in the country.
At Molo we don’t want to just marginally improve the mortgage process: our target is to radically redesign the mortgage experience for the 21st century, fully leveraging the power of technology to "make mortgages easy" for customers.
As a result, our tech-enabled platform will enable consumers to obtain "instant" mortgage loan approvals via an on-line 100% compliant process which moves away from paper forms, manual review steps and the typical convoluted layers of brokers, large banks and traditional mortgage lenders.
We are excited about what lies ahead; in the last few months we have started to put together a great team and are now looking for enthusiastic, like-minded people to join and build the next revolution in financial services together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About The Role
As a Buy to Let mortgage underwriter, you will make sure appropriate lending decisions are made in a well-timed manner, whilst providing incredible levels of service as you go. You will also be involved in enhancing Molo’s lending policy where required. Key elements of the role include:
- Use allocated lending mandate to assess and underwrite mortgage applications in accordance with current lending policy and within mandated limits;
- Operate as a team player within the business to ensure that all service standards and targets are consistently delivered;
- Adhere to TCF requirements and principles;
- Identify and report events and suspicions in line with Anti-Money Laundering legislation and procedures;
- Ensure all work is undertaken to a first-class standard by adopting a right first time attitude and approach through coaching, training and performance management;
- Ensure effective communication with internal stakeholders, external customers and third parties;
- Support the Head of Credit by demonstrating daily the proactive planning, management of workloads and recommendation of process improvement changes where appropriate;
- Maintain and review a comprehensive set of measures on quantity and quality of applications received;
- Responsible for any reasonable additional tasks that are required to be undertaken on a day to day or ad hoc basis;
- Supporting and guiding colleagues on all matters relating to the underwriting and completion of mortgages;
- Managing decisions on enquiries, new applications and responding within agreed time frames;
- Continually improving the development of Molo’s mortgage proposition with customers;
- Minimise and understand risk associated with each application;
- Obtain all necessary documentation in order to accurately make a lending decision;
- Manage pipeline cases through to completion;
- Work with legal, credit risk and finance teams to ensure all lending requirements are satisfied prior to release of funds.
As an Underwriter, you will be responsible for assessing and underwriting Buy to Let mortgage applications to minimise risk to the company whilst adhering to regulations and standards.
As an experienced Underwriter, you will have extensive knowledge within the mortgage and loans industry, ideally holding your own mandate, we are looking for an underwriter with a minimum of 5 years’ experience who has been a direct mandate holder up to £500K.
In addition to this, you will possess excellent literacy and numeracy skills as well as strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The successful candidate will require a clear credit and full DBS which will be carried out by the company prior to starting.
Why You’ll Love Us
- Learn how an exciting new business that’s disrupting an industry is born;
- Have a say in how the business evolves from an early stage;
- Own a lot of stuff: you'll have tons of responsibility and you will own your projects;
- Get to work with some other excellent, like-minded, experienced and passionate people;
- Within a transparent, friendly and collaborative culture;
- Earn a competitive salary (dependent on experience).
If the above sounds like a role for you and you feel excited by the prospect of working with us, then we would very much like to meet you.
Please apply using the button below and we’ll promptly review your application and get back to you with next steps.