New Issues Group Specialist - Operations Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
- To support the Global Debt Issuance business in agreeing the closing and settlement mechanics for New Issues. To also coordinate the booking, transaction processing and control settlement for the Syndicate/MTN/ALM/Credit desk for all issuances. The team is based in a private side area and privy to pre public deal information.
- To Support the Debt Capital Markets/Syndicate Business Globally.
- To Support the ALM desk in London for CD / CP issuances off programme from initiation.
- To provide assistance and guidance to any business streams under Capital Markets/DCM.
- Co-ordinate and work closely with the various DCM'S/Syndicate/ALM/MTN Middle Office Deal Closing teams to ensure end to end execution of bond allocations and fee processing / bookings.
- Good Understanding of Issuance and lifecycle Management events of Capital Market Products.
- Ensure our clients are provided with the highest level of service.
- Manage P&L for DCM.
- Robust data maintenance with constant monitoring of periodic settlements.
- Perform a risk control function ensuring that the relevant risks for all new transactions and subsequent life cycle events are mitigated within the banks risk framework.
- Co-ordinate and work closely with counterparties and the various operations units to ensure effective end to end processing, settlements and reconciliations of the periodic settlements.
- Management of any operational issues related to the businesses including administrative and agency facing roles for the structures.
- Escalation of operational risks and KCS breaks in accordance to risk reporting.
- Ensure audit issues are being addressed and solutions provided.
- Periodic review of Process Maps/DOI to ensure complete and accurate recording of process procedure.
- Process all allocations for the SCB London Sales Group on New Issues.
- Participate in evaluating system enhancements, UAT's and projects.
- Continuously look to improve existing process and controls.
- Prompt escalation of risk issues to the Head of New Issues Middle Office.
- Review Daily outstanding and action within a timely manner.
- Monthly suspense and sundry rec's.
- Ad Hoc Projects and initiatives in support of structuring desk, COO's office and others.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Through Knowledge Of Bonds and Settlement Mechanics
- General Banking Operations Background
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.