OSS Technology Specialist
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 17 Jan 19
OSS Technology Specialist
Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster, and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Workplace Technology (EWT) - EWT supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. EWT will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
Sub Function: OSS
Job Rank: Associate
- Assists with the deployment of hardware and software to end users (including the installation, configuration and testing of more complex firm hardware)
- Assists with provisioning and deprovisioning processing, including setting up of hardware/software for new hires, and receiving hardware from separating employees
- Assists with (or coordinates) the repair of end user hardware and the reinstallation of software as necessary to resolve end user incidents
- Resolves incidents associated with firm-standard end user software and hardware, including mobile/hand-held technologies Identify sources and trends of technical problems to prevent future occurrences
- Under minimal supervision, provides after-hours service for escalated issues from the Service Desk or supervisor
- Performs asset management activities (procurement, receipt, inventory, tracking, distribution, etc) in accordance with firm policy and IT Service process
- Assists with off-site support for firm sponsored functions/meetings
- Performs asset management responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Assists with IT tasks related to office moves, buildouts and relocations
- Operates as "remote hands" for other IT functions, such as Telecommunications and Hosting
- Maintains a thorough understanding of IT Services' organization and service offerings in order to identify how best to address end user technology needs and incidents
- Understands the Firm's business and organization sufficiently to anticipate and resolve end user technology issues that affect productivity of Firm personnel
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Strong analytical skills are required to address end-user incidents escalated from the service desk or offered by end user on walk-up issues
- Decision making responsibilities are limited to addressing a single end-user issue; need to be able to prioritize incidents being worked on and communicate those priorities to end users as necessary
- This role receives direct oversight from a supervisor, with regular (at least daily, but more frequently for new hires) contact to monitor and assign activities
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of end users and IT personnel
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Approximately 1 to 4 years of experience in end user technology support
This job description is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions and functions may vary depending on the particular geographic location of the job and/or the manager. Further, the job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.