Operational Risk Consultant - Technology Oversight
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
We are hiring for an experienced independent risk management (2 nd LOD) operational risk consultant specializing in technology and information security. Experience with formalized frameworks such as COBIT and ITIL management. Technology governance, oversight and credible challenge across a broad base of technology processes including software development, infrastructure management and all ITIL specialties. Experience in working with a large complex multi-national organization. Experience with regulatory requirements including EMEA regulators such as the Financial Conduct Authority, Central Bank of Ireland, and European Central Bank plus US regulatory agencies such as the OCC, FED etc. Ability to provide oversight and effectively challenge the Front Line Control groups. Act as a strong partner with the business, operational risk business oversight, regional chief risk officer and senior management to ensure effective technology controls are in place and appropriate to support the needs of the EMEA region and the legal entities that operate within the region.
- Support the Head EMEA Technology Independent Risk Management (2nd LOD) for International and partner with Operational Risk to improve overall technology risk management in the EMEA region
- The ability to review and challenge the enterprise on behalf of the legal entities that require evidence that supports good Technology Risk Management at the legal entity level
- Work with EMEA region senior leadership to develop an Independent Risk Management program that will provide appropriate governance including Risk Appetite Metrics and oversight of key regulatory programs such as MIFID II, Brexit, SFTR
- Review, and provide recommendations for enhancements, to Technology Policies affecting the EMEA region to provide the foundation for a better control environment
- Effectively communicate, negotiate and challenge risk mitigation strategies across various lines of business and levels within the organization
- Provide Credible Challenge to the Front Line Unit for Technology Risk across all domains that impact the technology used by the EMEA region
- Perform sample reviews of Front Line Unit risk assessments, evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls and independently evaluate the effectiveness of controls
- Act as primary back up to the Head of Independent Risk Management Technology Risk for Independent Risk Management committees
- Lead on the integration with US risk management processes to support the needs of International
- Identification of Operational Risk issues and coordination with International Infrastructure teams and application partners to ensure Operational Risk Incident Reporting is complete
- Support escalations to senior management and Technology to address any technology control gaps that surface and bring risk to the operation of the International business
- Provide oversight to EIT Front Line control teams regional operational risk programs
- Work closely with the Operational Risk Business Oversight team acting as a subject matter expert for Operational Risks that have technology components
- Support regulatory issues that arise from weaknesses in Technology. Act as the subject matter expert from an Independent Risk management perspective to map technology gaps that expose the company to regulatory risks to the gaps in policies, procedures and controls
- Guides and Influences efforts for identification, recommendation, and remediation of regional technology issues and / or breaches of key risk indicators that support improved delivery from Front Line Unit
- May manage or matrix manage 2-3 contract or permanent resources that are assigned to various technology risk functions
- Oversee and support the effective execution of all IRM responsibilities as defined in the Risk Management Framework in accordance with TTIRO processes and procedures
Market Skills and Certifications
- ITIL, CISA, CISSP, PMP or PRINCE, COBIT, CRISC, GCEIT
- Working in a large multi-national with a US parent and licensed legal entities internationally
- Oversight in a formally regulated financial services environment
- Understanding of formal governance structures - committee structures - committee participation - formal escalation
- Good judgement in terms of risk / issue ownership / escalation
- Experience working in a 3-Line of Defense Model
- Ability to monitor technology data and have the ability to identify trends that point to possible control weaknesses / process weaknesses
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional written communication - ability to write precise concise documents - effectively communicating challenges and expected actions
- Concepts around internal outsourcing / IT regulation
- Ideally Operational Risk background with strong experience in Technology, Technology Risk, Technology Audit
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.