Hamlyn Williams are currently working with a Trading Fintech business located in the UK. We are working exclusively with the senior leadership team to build out their risk function, and currently we are looking for an Operational Risk Specialist to support their expansion in the UK for a 6 month contract (Inside IR35).
As an Operational Risk Specialist you will:
- Provide 2nd line operational risk oversight (advisory, review and challenge) with various teams.
- Liaising with various stakeholders to develop and update new risk management policies.
- Support the CRO with the management and maintenance of Operational Risk policies, standards and risk frameworks in the 2nd line to deliver effective risk management.
- Support in review and generation of reporting packs for committee’s and boards as and when required.
We would love to meet with someone:
- 4+ years experience in financial service/Fintech/e-money sectors
- Bachelor degree or above, prefer majoring in statistics, finance, and computer science related majors.
- Good technical knowledge of risk management frameworks, operational risk events, metrics and systems.
- Knowledge of best practice operational risk management and the 3 lines of defence.
- Interested in Fintech and Trading or finance/banking/payments industry.
- Good Microsoft Excel skills
- Capable of working under pressure.
If this role is of interest to you, or if you would like to explore other opportunities in the market, please feel free to reach out directly. Contact Jonathan Shivers at firstname.lastname@example.org