Our client is a top tier west end based asset management house. Due to continued growth an opportunity has arisen for someone to join their operations team in this core ops role.
In this role they are looking for someone who can work independently on standard/reoccurring assignments and under the direct supervision of more senior staff. In this role you will execute the primary functions of the operations trade ops department, responsibilities vary depending on team assignment. In London include Equity and Fixed Income trade processing and settlements, and collateral management.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
- Performs and/or monitors functions necessary to support the investment process by providing investment reference data, solutions, and operational service to the internal business partners of Core operations.
- Prepares daily production work and supporting documentation in a deadline driven and high volume environment. Utilizes various internal and external systems, reports and external sources (e.g., vendors, custodian banks, company documentations, websites, news sources) to ensure internal security data is accurate, timely, and consistent with market data prior to review and approval by more senior associates. Day to day responsibilities may vary depending:
- Trade Operations
- responsible for post trade processing for equity, fixed income, and foreign exchange transactions;
- performs confirmation matching, delivery of trade instructions, fail management, claim management, commission sharing, and collateral management oversight.
- Maintains a high level of attention to detail and performs self-review of work and peer review of some periodic/production work.
- Identifies business risks (e.g., lapsing critical deadlines, internal record inaccuracy, control breaks, financial exposure), and escalates to more senior associates.
- Demonstrates initiative by identifying and communicating issues to reviewers/managers/others.
- Researches and analyses information to resolve issues; communicates findings with appropriate internal and external parties.
- Prepares responses and analyses to ad hoc requests for various parties, including auditors, shareholders, and senior business leaders.
- Participates in team initiatives and projects.
- Identifies, and discusses with more senior associates, ideas to implement best practices and process improvements.
- Interacts with a variety of internal and external parties (i.e., team members, accountants, investment professionals, traders, investment support associates, market vendors, brokers, custodian banks) to ensure that questions and issues are addressed, using the appropriate level of confidentiality when necessary.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
Business & Technical Skills:
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of securities and investment operations, and the ability to apply it to work assignments.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft, and other business applications and the ability to apply them to work assignments.