Octopus Property is one of the industry's leading specialist lenders with an impressive track record and numerous awards. With a highly experienced team and a clear vision for growth, now is an exciting time to join the business as we continue to the next phase of our journey. The Operations team plays a crucial role in supporting the various steps that are involved in the customer journey, for each new property loan that we receive. Working with colleagues in Sales, Credit and Compliance, the priority is to help our customers' application get from start to finish as smoothly as possible to ensure that we maintain our award-winning service levels, even as we continue to grow.
- Carry out KYC and AML checks to produce application pack for Case Managers to include full credit searches, land registry and additional fraud checks.
- Work with the Credit and Sales teams to support deals from enquiry to completion.
- Produce a number of pre-completion documents (for example: offer letters, European Standardised Information Sheets, payment approval and deduction sheets).
- Prepare post-completion correspondence to clients (for example: welcome letters).
- Maintaining daily and monthly reports to monitor deals from enquiry to completion.
- Work directly with the Finance and Treasury teams to ensure the swift movement and availability of funds.
- Assist with ongoing screening of clients and ad-hoc searches.
- Provide a high level of customer service when answering telephone calls.
- Instruct a number of third parties I,e, solicitors and Asset Managers
- Handle enquiries from third parties
- Ensure that data is recorded accurately on systems to enable production reports detailing various components of MI surrounding AIP's and Applications.
- Archive redeemed files and cancelling files.
- All general housekeeping and additional support as necessary.
About You To be successful in joining this fun and busy team, you will need experience within a fast-paced environment in the financial services balancing accuracy and pace whilst maintaining Octopus Property's high level of customer service.
- Ability to review and prioritise own workload.
- Team orientated with a flexible work ethic (this is not for the 9-5 mentality).
- Learning agile ready to grasp new ways of working.
- Ability to self-motivate.
- "Better when busy" attitude.
- Confident with technology, with relevant IT knowledge (esp. Microsoft Office).
- High level of attention to detail.
- A track record of working in a customer driven environment and meeting challenging SLAs
- Be able to make recommendations for process improvements
- Must have previous administrative, operations or support experience preferably in financial services.
- Experience in working for a property lending business.
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we're always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.