Part-Time CFO, New Clean Energy Investor, London, UK
An exciting, early-stage cleantech investment firm is looking for a CFO to join their team on a part-time basis. This role is responsible for all fund and group finance matters and requires someone with previous renewables or private equity/venture/real asset experience who is comfortable and competent with the subject matter.
The business is closing on their first fund and is now beginning to deploy capital - whilst the model is fairly simple, most of the finance and compliance is completed in-house, meaning there is a requirement for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves.
As the business grows, there is scope for the CFO to be more involved in strategy and fundraising, and there is also ample opportunity to take ownership of investor relations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced CFO or FD who may be looking to reduce their hours or maybe looking to pair a part-time role with a project or consultancy arrangement. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Finance and reporting for the fund, investment manager and GP which includes:
- Management accounting
- Valuations of portfolio and updating valuation policy
- Fund reporting
- Drawdowns & distributions
- Company secretary services
- Governance reporting
- Compliance - FCA regulatory reporting
- Investor relations, fundraising, strategy
- Experience at FD/CFO level in a closed-ended fund (real asset/PE/VC)
- Comfortable managing senior external stakeholders
- Not afraid to be hands-on and manage things such as payroll
- Happy with a part-time position (2.5 - 3 days)