See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date:
27 September 2019 Application Closing Date:
24 October 2019 Location:
Competitive Full time Level:
Analyst OUR IMPACT
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. We change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas and solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Our engineering teams build scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategist groups, is at the critical center of our business. Our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Payments Engineering Payment processing has recently become one of the key areas of focus for financial services and fintech industry. It is at the centre of innovation for automating and streamlining flows to meet the needs of a variety of clients across the globe. Our Payments Engineering team builds and supports the systems that provide a comprehensive payment solution to the firm's needs across institutional, consumer (Marcus) and internal (treasury) clients. These systems manage the entire payment lifecycle - from initiation to execution - of all inbound and outbound cash flows for the firm across 60 currencies spanning multiple payment electronic networks and platforms globally. Governing these critical flows is not a responsibility we take lightly.
We, therefore, are seeking capable engineers who are up to the task of designing, building, testing, deploying and supporting these systems with a special focus on scale, resiliency and high availability. Our technology stack includes Java, Hibernate, Spring Boot, Angular, DB2, MongoDB, Oracle, GS Search (proprietary search tool), Elastic search, and Kafka. Our global team is well-balanced in size and experience levels, enabling you to maximize your potential. We have both the senior and junior developers who will work with you, challenge you, and teach you along the way. Our engineers often blur the lines between front end, back end, DevOps, and product management, and we value developers who can cover a breadth of skills while also cultivating areas of expertise. A willingness to learn new languages, technologies and the business will be key to your success in this role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Specification, development, as well as the testing and roll-out of new features focusing on code quality, automation, testability and security
- Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when collaborating with global cross functional teams in building customer-centric products
- Develop supportable software and liaise with various teams to factor in their requirements
- Analyse existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide deadline estimates for implementing new features
- Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices and software runbooks
- Take ownership of the design, development, testing, and documentation of our systems
- Collaborate with business users and developers on a global scale
- Acquire an understanding of our business domain and requirements SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level, equivalent or above in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline required
- Professional experience of coding in object oriented/functional languages required
- Familiarity with Banking Management/Payment systems required
- Exposure to design and implementation of technical solutions, migrations, optimisations required
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures required
- Demonstrable experience in building automation frameworks and involvement with continuous improvement/process excellence initiatives required
- Experience in database technologies and working on database management systems
- Familiarity with Big-Data, C++, Python, Scala, PHP, SQL/MySQL, Azure required
- Project management experience with ability to work with Agile operating models required
- Strong technical, analytical, and communication skills required
- Must be self-directed, self-motivated and a collaborative team player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.