Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Business Analyst to work on the Performance workstream of a large scale integration project at Schroders.
You will be expected to work on a wide range of activities primarily impacting Group Operations, specifically relating to Performance Measurement and Attribution. The role requires the individual to adapt to changing business priorities and as such it is anticipated the you will need to perform a variety of project related roles focusing on business analysis, problem solving and process assessment. The role is required to help analysis across activities within global investment operations teams primarily focusing on the Aladdin toolkit.
You will be a good communicator, proactively collating and documenting information using Schroders standard artefacts in the Performance and Attribution space. You must be able to demonstrate experience using standard analysis techniques and must have a strong knowledge of a variety of Asset Management processes.
You must demonstrate ability to deal with emerging risks and issues. This must include providing initial impact assessment at short notice while meeting long term planning objectives. You will be able to work on their own initiative and be quick to identify issues and dependencies that might affect the successful delivery of team's objectives. You will have good organisational and negotiation skills and will be expected to focus on the commercial viability of the initiatives you will be working on in order to demonstrate value to the Schroders business.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Performance Services team in London provides reporting and analysis for all pooled and segregated accounts managed in London & New York.
The Performance Services team in London uses the Bi-Sam performance and attribution reporting system which provides an integrated platform for data control, calculations and reporting for all pooled and segregated accounts. The team also utilise Aladdin Explore for indicative purpose.
What you'll do
* Responsible for analysing requirements and assessing new capabilities required to support the programme including process optimisation
* Working with internal teams, including Performance, Technology and Investment
* Capture and documentation of emerging risks and issues
* Support the Operations teams throughout the delivery cycle - change request process, team meetings, reviews, information sharing
* Managing the concurrency of activities while adhering to business priorities
* Provide technical skills as and when required to assist with analysis and timely reporting of data. (mainly using Word, Excel, Visio/iServer)
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
* Detailed understanding of Asset management business and in particular Performance and Attribution
* Good business analysis skills using a recognised methodology
* Experience of working in a business analysis function
* Good software skills to manipulate & present information in PowerPoint and Excel
* Data analysis skills using Excel
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
* Experience with Factset B-One and the BlackRock Aladdin platform
What you'll be like
* Pro-active, self motivated, able to work using own initiative
* Systematic approach
* Good at time management and able to work to deadlines
* Team player with good communication skills
* Able to work without close supervision
* Good attention to detail
* Good problem solving skills
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.