- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- UBS UK
- 20 Feb 19
Job Reference # 187234BR
Are you passionate about building, releasing and deploying robust and scalable platforms? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We're looking for someone like that to:
– work as part of the Murex Front Office Agile development team; this team implements, maintains and enhances the core services that are utilized for process management, configuration management, monitoring and alerting
– help implement, maintain and enhance an efficient and resilient development environment
– help negotiate challenges around scope change, development and testing capacity, release timelines and business need.
– be details-oriented; they will be able to quickly understand the context and nature of the work they are managing, and thus be able to highlight risks and opportunities for creative solutions to the challenges above
– collaborate with other global IT teams, such as production operations team in helping them with release rollouts and support related escalation matters.
You'll be working as part of the Murex Performance Engineering team in London. The team is responsible for the availability, latency, performance, efficiency, monitoring, and capacity planning of the Murex platform. The work has a very high profile and is recognized as a key part of our business strategy.
• Experience in a similar role in IT in the capital markets industry, ideally with front office trading platforms
• Experience with Murex a strong positive
• Coding – Experience in Java, Python and unix shell scripting
• Strong Linux and Oracle database experience
• Experience or Exposure with DevOps/CI tooling such as Ansible, Teamcity, Jenkins. Familiarity with the intent and techniques is important.
• Experience in network traffic analysis / troubleshooting using tools such as AppTap/Corvil and capturing metrics and conducting analysis.
• Experience in use of Monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk and similar tools
• Exposure with containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes - i.e. understand how they work and can take the principles and apply them to the infrastructure we do have. At least – familiarity with standard virtualization technology.
• Understand security models such as Kerberos.
• Understanding the importance of continuous integration and the role it plays in software delivery.
• Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum applied solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, capacity and scalability and manageability.
• Experience in all aspects of software development life cycle.
– Passionate about what you do (and really excellent at it).
– Proactive, comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements.
– Willing to learn new areas.
– Someone who can think out of the box.
– Someone who can operate smoothly under moments of high pressure.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.