To provide office based front line telephone servicing and support to the 7IM platform clients. The role involves extensive direct telephone and email contact with financial planners, paraplanners and wealth managers (intermediaries). The role is about developing strong relationships built on outstanding service for all and any queries that our clients and their client dealings with the 7IM platform.
- Efficiently and effectively answering telephone and email queries from intermediaries, escalating in a minority of cases as appropriate
- Ensuring all calls are answered in a timely manner and dealt with appropriately managing the caller’s expectations where necessary
- Take ownership of queries; analyse, research and provide solutions using knowledge of the systems and processes.
- Servicing assigned intermediary firms in a pooled account service model taking responsibility for specific tasks which are scheduled on a rota basis
- Taking responsibility to ensure all client and intermediary communication is accurate, appropriate and delivered at the right time, including emails, letters and platform updates
- Liaising closely with relevant members of the Operations team to ensure full communication and understanding, minimising errors and maximising service levels
- Planning and organising work flow with the Platform Relationship Manager and Regional teams, especially during client reporting periods
- Inputting, manipulating and maintaining data on the 7IM platform and client relationship management systems to perform required service tasks which can include processing ISA subscriptions and payment instructions in line with HMRC and 7IM policies
- Assisting in the testing of the development of the platform including writing and maintaining user acceptance testing scripts
- Evaluate improve and streamline the processes and procedures for servicing platform business
- Suggesting realistic and appropriate improvements to the 7IM systems and procedures to continually improve service to clients and intermediaries
- Provide input and feedback on improvements to the external facing proposition.
- Ensuring that the FCA policy of treating customers fairly is followed as well working in accordance with 7IM’s mission and tenets
- Other, as reasonably required by your line manager and 7IM
- Excellent telephone manner including the ability to actively listen to, troubleshoot and resolve customer queries.
- Ability to build relationship and rapport building skills in order to rapidly establish a high level of trust with wealth managers
- Managing client expectations of the outcome of the telephone requests
- Demonstrate a high level of ownership, competence, reliability and responsiveness
- Planning and organising skills to maximise the efficiency of operation and service, including prioritising appropriately
- Accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail in order to maintain the highest levels of service
- Systems learning skills to rapidly understand and use appropriate systems, including accurate inputting of detailed data across a number of different screens and software packages
- Written skills, in order to clearly, concisely and thoroughly present information to wealth managers, regional platform relationship managers and their teams.
- Numeracy skills in order to understand, process and check a range of data
- Assertiveness and tenacity combined with diplomacy and sensitivity, to build and maintain good relationships with wealth managers and colleagues across 7IM. The ability to drive through and ensure that necessary actions are taken to service the clients, whilst maintaining positive relationships with them and within 7IM
- Flexibility and innovation to handle and support changing (and sometimes conflicting) needs and demands, and continually to improve working practices
- Resilience in order to manage conflicting priorities and demands, ambiguity, high work load and other business prerogatives
- Personal development focus, taking responsibility (with 7IM) for driving forward both personal and professional development in order to maximise effectiveness in this demanding role, and to grow in the role, and beyond
- Knowledge of the UK platform market, including the regulatory environment
- Knowledge of platform administration, including tax wrappers
- Knowledge of Pershing systems and procedures would also be beneficial
- Experience of retail investments and investment management (including operational knowledge) would be advantageous.
- Understanding of the advice process and advisory market in the UK
- Relevant regulation and policy knowledge
- Excellent working knowledge of e-business, especially in applications to Financial Advisers
- Relevant Financial Services qualifications will be advantageous
The ‘7’ in 7IM refers to the seven original founders of the business. Back in 2002, they couldn’t find a firm they trusted to manage their families’ money properly – big banks seemed impersonal and greedy, while most boutiques lacked the necessary investment process and structure. They started the kind of organisation they’d like to invest with themselves.
Their aim was to deliver steady returns over the long term, while keeping an eye on risk, using the best technology. They wanted everyone to have access to the kind of service and expertise that institutional investors would expect.
We’ve evolved since then. In 2015 Caledonia Investments joined us as a major shareholder. In 2018 we acquired Tcam Asset Management, a firm we felt closely aligned with our investment philosophies and multi-asset approach. In 2020 we continued our long-term growth strategy and acquired the award winning London based financial planning firm Partners Wealth Management (PWM). PWM will continue to operate as an independent company, retaining its brand, identity and leadership.
Our team, our clients and our funds under management have grown steadily over the years. From our offices in London, Edinburgh and Jersey, more than 400 talented people manage over £19 billion for a range of clients, including individuals and families, financial advisers, corporates, charities and trustees.
We still follow our founders’ plan and aim to get the simple things right all wrapped up with real, honest, human service – that’s what sets us apart from everyone else.