Our client is an investment manager with nearly £20bn assets under management and they are looking to hire a Portfolio Manager to join their private equity team in London.
The role will focus on the creation of investment decisions for the private equity team, monitoring both existing and new investments, and working closely with internal and external parties.
- Responsible for driving investment recommendations in private equity, as well as managing portfolio construction, ensuring risk limits and mandate guidelines are met
- Custody for manager resaerch on external managers for private equity investments
- Manage, drive, and lead the selection of new investments and monitor existing investments according to the company’s policies, including responsible investing
- Drive the production of quantitative analysis and qualitative due diligence for both new and existing investments
- Communicate with third party managers to agree on investment and commercial terms
- Communicate with other asset class specialists and internal teams such as legal, responsible investment, risk and ODD
- Present to the internal investment team, as well as presenting to clients when needed
- Manage team resources and support the development of junior team members
- Experience in portfolio management in private equity within an institutional setting
- Experience with manager research for private equity and identifying and monitoring third party private equity managers
- Experience underwriting private equity funds for investment
- Experience managing a portfolio of private equity funds