Principal Agile Analyst
Who we're looking for
A senior Technical Data Business Analyst with experience working across a wide variety of systems and technical implementations ideally with a background in Financial Services. Reporting directly into the Head of Distribution Technology, will work closely with the Distribution Leadership Team, that includes Delivery Leads, Engineering Leads and Solution Architects, on all aspects of analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions for strategic, cross-functional projects.
The Principal Agile Analyst's core contribution will be leading the analysis and business solution design aspects of software development. This will involve contributing to the development and testing activities in partnership with the individual delivery teams of analysts and developers within Distribution, as well as across the wider Technology group on more strategic programs of work.
You will need to be versatile and pragmatic in addition to being able to express yourself clearly, putting collaboration at the heart of your approach inviting input widely and making sure all voices are heard. Seek opportunities to improve what we do, sharing new ideas and best practice.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Technology at Schroders
There's a huge amount of change going on at Schroders. Technology's shaping our business more and more, so there are many opportunities waiting to be grabbed. And because we're a big financial player, we can put hefty backing behind good ideas.
We're a serious business - we have enormous responsibilities to our clients and shareholders. But just because we're suited and booted, that doesn't make us stuffy; our tech teams are friendlier and more informal than you might expect.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices.
The Technology team works very closely with other business domains in Schroders to create a Technology platform with an emphasis on a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds and levels of scale. Our primary goal is to deliver value through Technology domain expertise and robust solutions to our customers with a culture of excellence through collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement. The teams operate in an Agile environment.
Distribution Technology creates and supports the applications used by our Sales and Client Servicing teams. Our application estate is comprised mainly of commercially available off the shelf software packages best suited to Schroders' operational needs, complimented by a number of internally developed proprietary systems, all designed with the common objective of being digitally and data driven. Not only do we rapidly respond to the demands of the external environment, but also those of our Sales and Client Service teams, the team is also strategically positioned to deliver innovative solutions.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements. At present with this specific opportunity it is expected to require 5 working days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
What you'll do
• Responsible for leading analysis and design for strategic cross-functional projects
• Collaborate with Delivery Leads, Engineering Leads and Solution Architects from Distribution and the wider Technology group, to identify, shape and deliver programs of work
• Support Delivery Leads and Engineering Leads to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the delivery team are suitably well defined and structured
• Responsible for contributing to the analysis, development, build and testing of working software required by the Delivery Leads and Engineering Leads
• Responsible for leading analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software within individual Capability Teams
• Responsible for contributing to the development, build and testing of working software within individual Capability Teams
• Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the 'working system' definition of done within an agreed sprint
• Accountable for ensuring committed objectives are met
• Supporting scrum/Capability teams with agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
• Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
• Supporting the team in readiness for the System Demo
• Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
• Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
• Committing to increasing your skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Dev, Test)
• Supporting other team members to improve their analysis skills and experiences
• Performing the role of Scrum Master for an agile team if required to do so
• Supporting the development of the wider GT organisation through leadership of communities, guilds or key involvement in other non-core activities
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Wide experience of business analysis across a number of different capabilities, systems or teams; number of different experiences is valued higher than length of experience
• High level of technical skill in use of business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support agile software development
• Knowledge and experience of software development or testing. Common programming languages and testing tools are preferred
• Extensive knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
• Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitive to cultural differences, time zones etc.
• Ability to understand the needs and drivers of the business domain
• Excellent ability to communicate how the work [features and stories] delivered by the Capability teams contributes to Epics
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (such as IMC) and business analysis (such as ISEB) are preferred
• Educated to Bachelors degree level
What you'll be like
• Passionate about mastering and innovating best practice in business analysis
• Inspiring and collaborative leader, model of agile leadership approach
• Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.