Principal Engineer, Pega
Join us as a Principal Engineer
What you'll do
- This is a challenging role that will see you design and engineer software with the customer or user experience as the primary objective
- Specialising in Pega, you'll be working with architects to help define major components of the business-wide target architecture and roadmap
- You'll gain valuable senior stakeholder exposure as well as the opportunity to hone your technical talents and leadership skills
As a Principal Engineer, you'll be creating great customer outcomes via engineering and innovative solutions to existing and new challenges, and technology designs which are innovative, customer centric, high performance, secure and robust.
You'll be leading the more significant, complex and technically challenging assignments, coordinating multiple feature teams, making sure that their technical journeys support realisation of the targets, and deliver the values of the relevant metrics published to our investors.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Defining, creating and providing oversight and governance of engineering and design solutions with a focus on end-to-end automation, simplification, resilience, security, performance, scalability and reusability
- Working within a platform or feature team along with software engineers to design and engineer complex software, scripts and tools to enable the delivery of bank platforms, applications and services, acting as a point of contact for solution design considerations
- Defining and developing architecture models and roadmaps of application and software components to meet business and technical requirements, driving common usability across products and domains
- Influencing the development of strategies and architecture at domain and enterprise levels, identifying transformational opportunities for the businesses and technology areas
We're looking for technical leader with significant experience in the engineering space and hands on experience of working on various Pega products. You'll also come with leadership and people management experience, and experience of developing software within a DevOps and Agile framework.
Along with an expert understanding of the latest market trends, technologies and tools, you'll bring significant and demonstrable experience of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance.
You'll also need:
- Experience with version 8.x of the KYC or CLM Pega application with a Pega certification
- Experience of modern integration patterns and technologies, API, microservices and event streaming
- Experience of infrastructure or hosting patterns, public and private cloud, microservices, IaaS, CaaS, DevOps, CI or CD, and automation technologies
- Significant and demonstrable experience of test-driven development and using automated test frameworks, mocking and stubbing and unit testing tools
- A background in designing or implementing APIs
- A background of working with code repositories, bug tracking tools and wikis