Product Analyst (Derivatives Valuation and Risks)
IHS Markit Portfolio Valuations provides a fully outsourced service to participants in the financial markets that require independent asset valuations. The service is designed for asset managers, fund administrators, hedge funds, mutual funds and auditors and uses a highly automated and secure end-to-end process in order to produce valuations for clients. It is distinguished by the class-leading accuracy and coverage of our underlying market data and an efficient operational framework that includes a full audit trail and quality control performed by a global team of analysts.
IHS Markit employs established methodologies and quantitative techniques with industry standard models in order to provide valuations for a wide range of vanilla and exotic OTC derivatives across multiple asset classes listed below:
- Credit - including CDS, indices, options, index tranches, and synthetic CDO's
- Foreign Exchange - including spot, forwards, swaps, options, and exotic structures
- Interest Rates - including swaps, caps, floors, swaptions, inflation swaps and exotic structures
- Equities - including options, indices, variance/volatility swaps and exotic structures
- Commodities - including forwards, swaps and options on energy, metals, and softs
- Structured Notes - including various types of interest rate, credit, equity, FX, commodity, and hybrid structures
In addition, IHS Markit Portfolio Valuations provides an end-to-end Initial Margin Calculation service to help clients comply with the Uncleared Margin Rule (UMR). The service leverages the infrastructure built for the valuations service to compute risk sensitivities and initial margin amounts using ISDA SIMMTM, the industry standard margin model. The service is integrated with the valuations service and offers many other additional features. It also has comprehensive connectivity with various collateral management systems and reconciliation platforms for clients to create a holistic margin solution. Your Role
IHS Markit Portfolio Valuations is looking for a motivated individual with strong analytical skills to work within its global product team (with members based in Singapore, India, London, New York, and Toronto) with a focus on the Initial Margin Calculation service.
The successful candidate will have multiple responsibilities including: 1. the maintenance and development of models used by the financial derivatives Valuation and Initial Margin calculation service; 2. providing technical expertise internally and externally on valuation, risk sensitivity and initial margin calculation methodologies; 3. assisting sales and business development colleagues acquire and onboard new clients.
The role provides the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a wide range of derivatives products and cutting-edge models with experienced colleagues across global locations as well as exposures to a diverse set of clients.
Duties & accountabilities
- Working on the quantitative, analytical, and technological development of derivatives valuation models across asset classes with a focus on risk sensitivity and margin calculation
- Providing on-going product support for our Global Product Service team and clients on any issues relating to risk sensitivity and margin calculations including the coordination of client trials, addressing queries, resolving price challenges, and any other general support
- Enhancing existing models or specifying / building / testing models to support new products
- Ensuring the quality and reliability of market data inputs and calibrations
- Working closely with other product groups and the global sales team in order to participate in driving new business and identifying product opportunities
What we offer
- Undergraduate or Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Physics, Statistics, Mathematics and Economics)
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills are essential
- Proven track record in pricing financial derivatives with calibration to the traded markets is desirable
- Excellent data analysis skill and proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java and C++ are essential
- Proficiency in Excel (including VBA) is essential
- Strong attention to detail, both numerically and in written material
- Willingness to be hands-on in dealing with requests, issues and queries relating to client valuations, analytics, and market data
- Ability to communicate complex issues both verbally and in writing, with a wide range of audience around the globe
- Direct client-facing experience is desirable
- Ability to work well within a global team environment alongside other product analysts, quants, and developers
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to manage stakeholder relationships
- Cash incentive plan
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Strong client base and broad product line
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.