Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world’s leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients’ recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
Our investment banking client has been present in the UK for more than 150 years, they’re a long-term partner to British business. Today, the Group is formed of 10 divisions and employs 9,300 staff based in 21 core locations right across the country. Their role is simply stated: help clients achieve their goals by combining local know-how and global reach. In so doing, they seek to make a positive, sustainable contribution to both the UK economy and society.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Product Controller for a 6 Month contract based remotely.
Purpose of the Role:
The position is as Product Controller for the Exotic Credit Trading desks in London, with the focus being on Correlation trading desk. The selected candidate will report to the Structured Credit P&L team manager.
As a Product Controller you will be responsible for:
- The Structured desk aims to satisfy client needs by structuring credit products: Index baskets, bespoke baskets, Nth to default structures, Index tranches... The primary function of the successful candidate will be to analyse the new trades and associated P&L of the structured credit products.
- The individual will be required to establish working relationships, with both Front Office and other areas of support (e.g. Market Risk, Finance & IT), allowing for an integrated and proactive approach to the business' requirements, understanding the lifecycles of the products traded and the systems and reporting mechanisms required to enable full control and accurate and appropriate information to be supplied.
- The successful candidate will be required to take the lead on various internal infrastructure projects acting as either SPOCK or senior P&L controller. This will involve meeting with senior managers and various stakeholders across the bank.
- The candidate would be considered a senior team member, who would actively provide support to the team and be required to provide leadership and guidance to his or her colleagues in the absence of the manager.
What we require from the candidate:
- Previous experience (2+ yrs) in a P&L Control environment with daily P&L experience.
- Strong academic background required. (e.g. 2:1 at degree level, good A Level grades).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge of exotic/structuring credit products within fixed income, specifically a strong understanding of Nth to default structures, Index tranches, Skew trades, CDO’s and CLNs.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
This client will only accept workers operating via an Umbrella or PAYE engagement model.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business