About the opportunity Department Description
ISS Change drives process improvement, automation and manages the change portfolio for the global and the APAC businesses. This function provides the professional programme, project and PMO capabilities to manage strategic change initiatives. Additionally it provides the portfolio management, enables prioritisation and governance and is the initial interface point for change led through other functions.
This function also owns and builds change capability within the global COO's portfolio. Additionally, it works with technology to ensure consistent management of change across the business. Purpose of the Role
This role is responsible for the successful implementation of a portfolio of change management initiatives primarily impacting Investment Management but spanning across other areas including product, institutional, technology and operations. You will act as change and programme manager for the more complex strategic initiatives within the teams portfolio. Your role will be to manage such inititatives from inititation through to delivery ensuring appropriate reporting and governance is in place whilst also overseeing workstream leads. The role will require multi-faceted responsibilities across programme / project delivery and senior stakeholder engagement. Success will be measured in terms of delivery of the overall aims of the initiatives to time, cost and quality, ensuring that the outcomes achieved are aligned to the long-term business plan. Key Responsibilities
The role requires a skill set that encompasses the full spectrum of project and program management activities through project life cycle. The key accountabilities of the role are:
- Work with project sponsors, delivery teams and other senior stakeholders to ensure the effective implementation of the programme / projects
- Work with FIL's internal risk control functions (1st line, 2nd line and 3rd line) actively to ensure compliance of project execution and outcome (e.g. processes, organization, business design) to FIL's risk practices and standards
- Build trusted relationships with Investment Management, Asset Management Operations, Technology and other delivery partners, both internal and external to the organisation
- Manage virtual teams and other project managers across multiple time zones as required
- Proactively identify and manage risks and provide advice, guidance and insight on resolving issues
- Provide support on other matters, e.g. cost / benefit analyses
- Provide "hands on support" where appropriate to drive programme deliverables. Act as both programme manager but also subject matter expert on defining and building out future operating models
- Create and provide regular reporting on progress against plans to management, project sponsors and steering committees
- Coordinate with global change teams as necessary on global initiatives
Desirable skills and qualifications:
- Previous programme management experience within an asset management environment
- End to end programme management experience, from initiation and business case creation to benefit realisation
- Ability to develop successful working relationships with IM professionals and other areas of the business across FIL's global network
- Able to act as a business advocate with strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to challenge and question key stakeholders
- Ability to deal successfully with ambiguity and draw out the issues to be addressed
- Organised with ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
About you About Fidelity International
- Strong understanding of the investment process and how it fits into the overall business
- Experience of Equity, Fixed Income and Alternates products or investments
- Awareness of product structures servicing retail and institutional clients
- Previous commercial experience; such as input into legal documentation, review of policy documents, service level agreements and commercial terms
- Broader industry awareness including the evolving regulatory landscape and product trends
- Experience of technology change initiatives and agile project management practises
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.