Project Execution - Post Execution
- London, England, Großbritannien London England GB
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 21 Jul 18 2018-07-21
Project Execution - Post Execution
Credit Technology is focused on delivering best in class IT solutions to the Credit Trading business where J.P. Morgan is a market leader. We are a team of around 300 people with the core of our development effort based in the financial hubs of New York, London, and Hong Kong where we partner closely with the quant research group and face off directly to the trading desks. Our core strength is providing technical expertise and software development skills that directly affect the ability of our business to generate revenue and remain the dominant player in the market. We are committed to hiring the brightest and best technical experts and in return can offer roles with direct trading and quant interaction on projects from electronic and algorithmic trading to providing our business with the latest UI platforms.
We are looking to hire experienced project execution professionals to work across our Credit Technology development teams - a highly-skilled, business-aligned team of technologists responsible for the delivery of market leading solutions used by the Credit Trading business globally. The team designs, builds and enhances custom built electronic trading, pricing, pre-trade and post trade execution platforms in partnership with sales and trading desks as well as core technology groups. Products include corporate bonds, single name and index CDS. Team members are based in New York, London, Mumbai, Buenos Aires and Hong Kong. To be successful, you will be a flexible, self-motivated product owner to help Credit Technology efficiently build out and enhance the existing suite of Credit platforms and the next generation of bespoke trading solutions.
The role will combine all aspects of project execution (stakeholder engagement, initiation, analysis, product design and build management to deployment), working within a team of experienced technologists. It requires expertise in managing complex business, operations and technical dependencies to create high quality and reusable solutions in a service-oriented architecture. The successful candidate must be comfortable switching contexts between working with the front-office, process oriented operations leads and detail oriented developers in a high pressure, challenging environment with a focus on solving business problems in a fast changing environment: time to market is critical, but without compromising on quality or performance.
Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to deliver our strategic direction and solve complex mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to uncover leading-edge technologies and methodologies will inspire your team to follow suit and apply them to improve productivity.
- Develop robust, performant post execution solutions across new and/or enriching existing applications using the most suitable technology choices. Align development with the overall Credit trading strategy.
- Work across, coordinate and lead multi-disciplinary teams - user interface, data services and analytics - as well as the entire software development lifecycle - requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, deployment, handover to operate teams.
- Work with electronic connectivity networks such as Bloomberg, MarketAxess and TradeWeb, and brokers to minimize risk and optimize workflow efficiency.
- Working within a virtual project execution practice, forecast, plan, execute and report on the status of your work alongside the Credit Technology book of work with particular attention to agile methodologies, dependency management and resource assignment. Provide early warnings for executive decision makers if required.
- E nhance the team by demonstrating best practice throughout the software development lifecycle: agile requirement gathering, project initiation, scrum management, QA and product roll-out.
- Global Credit Technology
- Global Credit Trading business and Quant Research team
- Global Production Support & Infrastructure teams
- Other CIB Technology teams; Markets Execution, J.P. Morgan Athena community; Infrastructure Technology
- Opportunity to work closely with a leading, best-in-class trading business on projects that directly impact revenue
- Direct Exposure to strategic firm-wide technology platform that spans multiple functions and asset classes
- Working alongside heads of trading desks, traders and sales to define the next phase of our technology platform
- Fast paced, dynamic environment with significant opportunities for career growth
- Proven organisational skills, decisive priority management, strong teamwork ethic, excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong analytical development skills, solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and experience in real-time, high performance and/or eTrading areas.
- Strong grasp of object oriented design and programming principles including, multi-threaded programming, and working with enterprise level technology using languages such as Java.
- Creative, quick-thinking, pragmatic, with an aptitude for solving problems with technology and an ability to quickly translate requirements into a sound technical design and implementation.
- The ideal candidate will likely be qualified to degree level in Computer Science, Maths or related engineering discipline
- Strong technology generalist - experience building highly performant and resilient enterprise applications used within a high performance/real-time environment
- Experience working in a team with a strong software development process (build, test, deploy etc)
- Financial Services Experience. Trading Floor experience, or experience being co-located with users is a strong plus.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.