This role is key to the success of the Asset and Property Management team within Octopus Healthcare. It involves providing the administrative support to the team in the day to day management of a number of Primary Healthcare assets throughout the UK. The task is particularly property orientated and will involve taking ownership of a number of critical one off and periodic tasks. Reporting to the Head of Asset & Property Management and acting as a support to the five Asset and Property Managers in the team.
- Carrying out diverse administrative duties from file management, dealing with tenant queries to managing expenses and team travel plans.
- Act as a first point of contact on matters between landlord, tenant, contractors, suppliers and third party consultants.
- Information management using bespoke property management account software.
- Managing specific task orientated schedules.
- Coordinate various property inspections including the management of 'inspection packs' and the subsequent reports.
- Register and monitor all insurance claims.
- Liaise with tenants and contractors to arrange property maintenance and repairs.
- Managing the consent process to allow tenants to undertake alterations.
- Monitoring and reporting of statutory compliance requirements.
- Acting as an admin representative for Octopus Healthcare group.
This is a busy role and comes with industry training, so Property experience isn't essential. Below are the more important behaviours we are looking for in someone who has worked in a customer focused admin role.
- Ability to review and prioritise own workload.
- Team orientated with a flexible work ethic.
- Learning agile ready to grasp new ways of working.
- Ability to self-motivate.
- "Better when busy" attitude.
- Confident with technology, with relevant IT knowledge (esp. Microsoft Office).
- High level of attention to detail.
- Must have previous administrative experience preferably in financial or property services.
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we're always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions.
All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.